• 27

A

I woke up to a bunch of ruckus early in the morning. I could tell there were at least two pair of feet jumping on my bed.

"Leave me aloneee," I whined, curling into my bed.

"It's Christmas morning! It's Christmas morning!" Zara sang.

"Zaraaa," I groaned. I felt two small hands cover the wide expanse of my cheeks.

"Wake up Alexaaa," She said and shook my face. I opened my eyes lightly and stared at the little demon sitting on me. My hands quickly went to her tummy and started tickling her wildly. She started laughing uncontrollably and asking me to stop. At one point I did. I sat up, with Zara still on my lap, to find Giovanna sitting on my bed, in front of me.

"Oh hey. Merry Christmas," I told her.

"Merry Christmas, sucker," she said, sticking her tongue out.

"You're a child," I laughed, getting out of bed with Zara nestled comfortably on my hip. I brushed my teeth and got myself ready for the day while Zara sat on the bathroom counter, watching me do it all.

We went downstairs to find Benny and Amira in the kitchen and Niall and my dad in the living room, both immersed in their own conversations.

"Okay hi. Merry Christmas, family!" I said, climbing down the stairs.

"Merry Christmas, daughter!" "Happy Christmas, sister!" All three replied with the same enthusiasm.

"Merry Christmas, Niall," I said, looking at him with a smile. I raised my eyebrows in expectations.

"Merry Christmas, Lexa," he chuckled quietly. I reciprocated his laugh before setting Zara down. She ran to her grandpa and sat on his lap.

"Christmas presents kids!" Giovanna said, bringing out a whole stack of gifts. I quickly rushed up and bought down all my gifts. Soon our living room was flooded with gifts.

"Baba, you first," I said, passing all the gifts that was meant for him to him. He'd gotten a whole assortment of things. Benny and Amira has gotten him a bottle of perfume that he loves. Giovanna got him a bunch of fun coloured socks. It's a running joke between the two. I'd gotten him a bottle of wine because I'm classy

And my dad just really loves wine.

All of us had opened all our gifts and there was one last set of gifts for our guest, Niall. Of course my family went out of their way to make Niall feel at home.

"And all of this... is for you," I said, pushing the stack of gifts to Niall. He looked at me in shock and shook his head.

"No no no. This is too much," he said, trying to pass the gifts back.

"It's Christmas, it's all about giving. Take them," I said, passing it back to him.

"Alexandria this is... wow umm... well thank you... all of you," he stuttered adorably.

"Cute. Alright, open them," I said.

He grabbed the first thing he could, which was a gift from Giovanna. She's a fan and apparently so is some of her college mates. All of them collectively made a book of all his achievements and little notes from each person who made it, which I find extremely endearing.

"This is so sweet. Give my regards to whoever helped make this," He said with a small smile as he flipped through the book. When he reached towards the end there were pictures of Niall and I as well. Which, I guess, I understand, people obviously assume that we're together.