14

⸺⚘⸺

I'M THE FOUR FRICKIN' HORSEMEN

⸺⚘⸺

present !

⸺DIEGO AND LUTHER HAD TO FIND Five. They looked all around his room and threw everything he owned until they found Vanya's book. It had a stamp from the library and they figured that's where he'd be. They left for the library and decided to split up to find him. "Let's split up.

"Wow, good thinking." They checked every single floor until they got to the top floor and met up. "Anything?"

"No."

"You wanna know why I left?"

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Why I left the academy."

"Yeah, 'cause you couldn't handle me being Number One."

"No, because that's what you do when you're seventeen. You move out, become your own person, grow up."

"Oh, yeah. You're a real grown up."

"At least I make my own decisions. You've never had to hold down a job. Pay bills. You ever been with a girl?"

"I...I don't know what you're talking about..."

"Look, you wanna blame me, blame us for leaving...that's okay. But maybe you're asking yourself the wrong question. Maybe it's not about why we left. Maybe it's about why you stayed."

"I stayed because the world needed me."

"You stayed because you couldn't let go of the way things used to be. The Academy. Dad. With Allison. Dad's dead. Mom too, now. We're orphans again, dude."

"I couldn't let go? What about you? You completely changed when Maria left. I think the only reason you left is because she did."

"I didn't and plus, I didn't even see her the entire time I wasn't at the academy. Look, things are never gonna go back to the way they used to...be."

"Do you ever stop talking?" Diego and Luther heard a bunch of girls giggling and talking. They walked over to them and they found a drunk and asleep Five, holding onto a mannequin. "Where are his parents?"

"Wow, that was easy."

"I'm gonna call security."

"Is he um...?

"Drunk as a skunk."

⁕     ⁕

"You idiot!"

"What?"

"You didn't put the 'Do not disturb' sign on the door!"

"I did I know I...Shit!" They ran over to the closet to make sure they were still there and to their surprise they were. "Oh my god, they're still here!"

They dragged them into the middle of the room and Maria and they both looked up at them and mumbled something through the duck tape. "Hi."

"What are they saying?"

"Oh!" They took the duck tape off of them both. "What are you saying?"

"You guys are scarier without the masks." The two spoke simultaneously.