5

⸺⚘⸺

YOU WON'T BE GOING HOME

⸺⚘⸺

past !

⸺"NIETZSCHE ONCE SAID, 'MAN IS A rope stretched between the animal and the superhuman. A rope over an abyss. It is a dangerous crossing, a dangerous looking-back, a dangerous trembling and halting.'" Sir Reginald Hargreeves was at the top of the stairwell with Vanya and they were looking down at the rest of the kids. He then blew the whistle and they started running up the stairs with Luther in the lead.

"As much as you must strive for individual greatness, and strive you must, for it won't come to you of it's own accord...You must also remember that there is no individual stronger than the collective." Diego had gotten in the lead for a little while, when Five spacial jumped to the front and Maria leaped through the air in front of Five as well.

"Hey, they cheated!" Diego complained.

"They adapted." Reginald rewarded.

⁕    ⁕

"The ties that bind you together make you stronger than you are alone." Allison, Klaus and Maria had gotten their tattoos. Allison was crying with Klaus by a pillar in the lobby while Maria went to find Vanya by the stairs. Five, Ben and Luther were sitting in the chairs extremely nervous. Maria went up to Vanya and saw that she had a marker in her hand. Maria took the marker from her and drew their tattoo on her arm to make her feel included.

"They will make you impervious to the pain and hardship the world will thrust upon you. And believe me when I tell you, life will be hard. It will be painful. We can accomplish anything when we accept responsibility together. This is what creates trust."

present !

Maria had stopped crying awhile ago thanks to Klaus and Allison. She was downstairs in the kitchen with Klaus and Five just sitting on the end of the table. She had changed out of her dress and into shorts and a over sized zip up hoodie. Allison then came down the stairs looking for someone. "Where's Vanya?"

Maria wasn't really in the mood for talking that much and it was clear to everyone that she was going to be quiet for a little while unless something caught her attention. "Oh, she's gone."

"That's unfortunate." Five shoved off.

"Yeah." Klaus spoke as his mind wandered off. Five grabbed the coffee pot off the counter and sighed. "An entire square block, forty two bedrooms, nineteen bathrooms but no, not a single drop of coffee."

"Dad hated caffeine." Allison pointed out.

"Well, he hated children too and he had plenty of us." Klaus had his feet up on the table and he had found an electric guitar somewhere. Five then started to walk away. "I'm taking the car."

"Where are you going?" Allison asked.

"To get a decent cup of coffee." Maria's head shot up knowing he was probably talking about Griddy's. "Um...could I maybe come?"

"Sure, Maria." Maria knew that everyone was taking pity on her and she didn't really enjoy being talked to like she was a baby, but she could get away with things like this so it had its perks. "Do you even know how to drive?"