19

⸺⚘⸺

Weakness is a Bitch

⸺⚘⸺

present !

⸺DIEGO, MARIA AND KLAUS WERE PARKED somewhere random. They were all sitting silent when Diego decided to break the silence. "You got a big mouth you know that?"

Klaus was trying to open his tiny plastic bag filled with drugs, but he was having troubles due to his shaking hands. "Oh, wow, what a truly shocking revelation, Diego."

Maria was sitting in the back with her arms rested on Diego and Klaus's seats. "Everything's a big joke to you, right?"

Klaus finally got his drugs out of the tiny plastic bag and was about to inhale one, but Diego grabbed it from him before he could. "Would you stop it?! Why are you putting this shit in your body?!"

Diego lifted up his shirt a bit and patted his stomach. "Check this out. Hm? My body is a temple. Maria's body is a temple. She's just as fucked up as you are and she can control it. All that shit you do, it's just weakness."

"Oh, wow, beautiful. Well, weakness feels so good." Maria shifted in her seat a bit and whispered under her breath, "Weakness is a bitch."

Diego looked at her briefly and she purposefully gave him an obvious fake smile back. Klaus was about to inhale more drugs but Diego hit him in the back of the head making him spit out and drop the drugs. "What's going on with you two?! Huh?!"

"Don't hit me, asshole!"

"Don't tell me everything's alright because I saw you two in there! You guys were crying like babies!" Maria was getting sick of  Diego trying to pry at Klaus and she just had to jump in. "We lost someone alright!"

Klaus looked down at the ground and Diego looked at them both. "I lost someone. The only person I've ever truly loved more than myself. She lost someone more important to her than Ben"

He took his last drug that he had and he inhaled it after saying, "Cheers."

"Well, you're luckier than most. When you lose someone...at least you can...see them whenever you want." Diego suddenly looked up and saw Hazel. "That's our man."

Maria looked ahead and saw Hazel as well. "Hey, we know him, right, Klaus?"

"How could you possibly know that-"

"Him and some New York sounding crazy lady tortured us. We barely got out."

"We gotta get this guy."

⁕     ⁕

Hazel and Cha-Cha were in a different motel since there was a police investigation at the old one and Cha-Cha had just come back after doing some research on the Hargreeves. "Singles instead of doubles. What's next, futons on the floor?"

"What difference does it make? We're only here another night."

"Well, that's easy for you to say. I've been to every pawn shop all over town lookin' for our briefcase. You've been relaxing in the library."

"Well. at least we know something on the family that can help. It's like a Hargreeves family handbook. Let me tell you, they're a real frikin mess. Number Five can time travel without a briefcase, but not that well. The big oaf lived on the moon for a few years. The junkie can conjure the dead, which explains why he knew about the dead Russian yesterday and the idiot in the mask can curve anything he throws, usually knives. The most interesting one though is the girl. She can change her weight. It said that she can make herself so light that she can literally walk on air."