7

⸺⚘⸺

GOD YOU'RE GOING TO BE THE DEATH OF ME

⸺⚘⸺

a/n

i know this one's short as well, but i'm just trying to do some filler chapters. hope you have a lovely day :]

past !

⸺DURING EXTREME WEATHER CONDITIONS, A CLIMBER must possess the wisdom to determine...' Grace was setting the table for dinner and when she had finished, she rang a bell and all of the kids came running down to the dinning room. They all stood behind their chairs as if they were in a military base.

'When evacuation is inevitable. A controlled alpine descent begins with the girding of one's loins and the anchoring of the climbing rope to one's enemy, the mountain. The Dulfersitz rappel is the preferred method for descent, when rope is the only available tool.'

Sir Reginald Hargreeves came into the dinning room, standing behind the end chair across from Vanya. "Sit."

All of the children and Reginald Hargreeves sat down. Luther was to the left of Sir Reginald Hargreeves and beside Luther was Diego and Five. Down on the right was Allison, Klaus, Ben then Maria. Vanya was at the end of the table across from Sir Reginald.

They all started eating. Luther and Allison would make eye contact every so often and smile. Diego was carving something into his chair, Klaus was rolling up a joint, Ben was reading a book, Maria and Vanya were just eating, but Five wasn't eating at all. He was staring at Reginald. Maria looked up at Five and noticed that he wasn't eating. She lightly kicked his leg under the table and he looked at her. She shook her head at him and went back to eating. He took his knife and he stabbed it into the table. Everyone jumped slightly. "Number 5?"

"I have a question." Five informed.

"Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules. No talking during meal time." Five looked back at Maria who just shook her head again, but he spoke up yet again. "I want to time travel."

"No." Reginald immediately denied.

"But I'm ready. I've been practicing my spatial jumps, just like you said." He then spatial jumped right next to Reginald. "See?"

"A spatial jump is trivial when compared with the unknowns of time travel. One is like sliding on the ice, the other is akin to descending blindly into the depths of the freezing water and reappearing as an acorn." Reginald explained.

"Well, I don't get it." Five complained.

"Hence the reason you're not ready." Five then again looked back at Maria and she shook her head again, but this time along with Vanya. "I'm not afraid."

"Fear isn't the issue. The effects it might have on your body, even on your mind, are far too unpredictable. Now, I forbid you to talk about this anymore." Five then walked out of the building in a huff. Maria knew she shouldn't go after him, but she couldn't help herself. She ran outside going after Five.

"Number 5! Number 0! You haven't been excused!" Maria ran out of the building screaming Five's name just hoping that she would be able to find him but she couldn't. She looked around and around, but nothing. Diego then came out and saw Maria. "Maria, what are you doing?! Dad's gonna kill you!"

"I had to try." He grabbed her hands and pulled her along while mumbling. "God, you're going to be the death of me."