4

⸺⚘⸺

BEST. FUNERAL. EVER

⸺⚘⸺

present !

⸺"WHAT'S THE DATE? THE EXACT DATE." They were all down in the kitchen. Vanya was sitting on a chair with Allison standing behind her. Same on the other side with Luther sitting down and Diego sitting behind him as well. Klaus and Maria were sitting on top of the table.

"The 24th." Vanya responded.

"Of what?" Five questioned further.

"March." Vanya replied.

"Good." They all exchanged confused looks and Luther finally spoke up. "So, are we gonna talk about what just happened? It's been seventeen years."

"It's been a lot longer than that." Maria started thinking about how it had been longer for him when it hit her. Five can travel through space and time. He time traveled. Five suddenly blinked away from the end of the table to the cabinet then back. "I haven't missed that."

"Where'd you go?" Allison asked.

"The future. It's shit by the way." Five spoke bitterly.

"Called it!" Everyone look at Klaus with a disappointed look on their faces except for Maria. She high fived Klaus. "Good job, Klaus. Oh my god! Maybe you are psychic!"

Five just ignored them. "I should've listened to the old man. You know jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice. Nice dress."

Everyone looked at Klaus seeing that he was still wearing Allison's skirt. "Oh, well, danke."

"Wait how did you get back?" Five was about to explain it, but Maria had figured it out faster, so before he could say anything she interjected. "He had to project his consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of himself that exists across every possible instance of time.

 They all looked at her shocked except for Five. The two of them would always do their studies together so they both knew how fast they could catch onto things and how smart they could both actually be. Diego looked at her confused and then looked at the ground. "That makes no sense."

Five continued making his peanut butter marshmallow sandwich. "Well it would if you were smarter."

Diego got up like he was about punch him in the face, but Luther put a hand out so he couldn't go any further. "How long were you there?"

"Forty-Five years, give or take." Five beat around the bush.

"So what are you saying? That you're fifty eight?" Luther quickly calculated.

"No, my consciousness is fifty eight. Apparently my body is now thirteen again." Five clarified.

"Wait, how does that even work?" Allison asked.

"Delores kept saying the equations were off. Pff. Bet she's laughing now." Five laughed to himself, but no one else knew what he was talking about.

"Ooooh, Delores, who's that?" Five looked at Maria with a look that said 'I'm gonna kill you'. Five looked at the newspaper and saw the headline 'Eccentric Billionaire Sir Reginald Hargreeves Dead Due to Heart Failure.' "Guess I missed the funeral."

"How'd you know about that?" Maria looked at him with disbelief. "How dumb are you, honestly he's literally from the future."

"Yeah, what part of the future do you not understand? Heart failure huh?" Diego and Luther both said at the same time, "Yeah."