Chapter 21

Now it was Elijah's turn to stand up as Zoe just had slamming his hands down onto the table but the only difference between the two was that Elijah had broken the table.

From the force he had put into the kitchen table had split in half sending all the pots filled with food crashing down onto the floor leaving a big mess to be cleaned up.

"See how much of a dick he is mother? (Zoe throw her hands up in the air) He doesn't even know how to control his temper. He is a vicious mongrel now I'll have to go out tomorrow and buy us a new table thanks to him." Zoe huffed crossing her arms around her body giving Elijah a dirty look.

Elijah didn't like the look that she had on her face.

This woman can be a true bitch when she wants to be.

"Oh my god everyone Zoe will have to go out and buy a new table, hollyshit the world is coming to an end, the moths that are in her change purse can finally escape. Call 911 and inform the police oh wait let's all go to church this is a miracle hallelujah praise the Lord the Cheapskate has risen." Elijah was very sarcastic when he said that.

Esmeralda held back her laughter trying not to hurt her daughter's feelings.

she thought these two were really funny, clearly, they had deep feelings towards each other but not one wanted to admit it because of their stubbornness.

Zoes feelings were now hurt by his comment, Tears were now rolling out of her eyes. She hated looking weak in front of him at this moment but she couldn't help it.

"You think your so funny don't you? Let's make fun of Zoe because she likes to not spend her money but save it. I have worked really hard for every penny I have earned, I'm not you I don't get the chance to Kiss the King's ass or bend over every time he asks me to earn money."

It was time for Esmeralda to intertwine, these two were now starting to get out of hand.

"Ok kids let's calm down, both of you take a deep breath in and then exhale it out. Everyone just needs to relax."

Esmeralda tried to bring peace back into the room but it didn't look like things were going to stop between Elijah and Zoe.

The rain was still coming down hard onto the top roof, it didn't sound like it would slow down any time soon.

"Zoe you stand here before me talking shit but you don't know me. Yea your right I am lucky that I have a great job working with the King but I don't kiss his ass that's where your wrong and that's where I draw the line. Before I met the King and started working for him I grew up in a small little house out in the woods with no one around me."

Zoe just listens not saying a word yet.

"My father drops me off on a women's door steep. I was not even a day old and for that reason was because my birth mother died giving birth to me. You want to know who that woman was that got stuck with me?" He asked staring her down.

Zoe was not sure what to say did he want her to answer him or keep quiet.

Elijah laughed to himself, finally this girl can be quiet.

He never thought she could stop yapping her mouth.

"Esmeralda do you want to tell her or do you want me to do the honours? Oh, forget I'll tell her. Your mother is that woman who had raised me from an infant. We had nothing and nobody to help us, wait no that's wrong my father did send us money once a month for food at least he was good for that."

Elijah resented his birth father.

What truly upset Elijah was his birth father never once came to visit him.

To this day he doesn't even know what the man looks like, he could pass him by the road and would never know.

Zoe felt surprised that Elijah had lived with her mother and that her mother had raised him?

"What? Where was I? I don't remember you. ( she looked at her mother) mother how is this true, why haven't you told me about this? Why am I finding out right now?"

Esmeralda stood up and moved towards her daughter making sure not to trip over the mess.

Placing her hands upon her daughter's shoulders she looked into her eyes.

"Hunny I am sorry that I have never told you about Elijah. His mother and I we were very good friends and his father was also a good man but unfortunately, he couldn't raise Elijah on his own so he asked me too and I was honoured to do so."

"Ya right such a good man that he dumped me off on you." Interrupted Elijah.

"Elijah doesn't say that about your father, one day you'll regret dishonouring him. He is a good man, he put you first thinking of your needs
And not his. He knew how hard it would be to raise a baby on his own so he did what was best for you."

Elijah didn't want to hear what she had to say about his deadbeat dad so you just rolled his eyes at her.

Esmeralda was not surprised by his actions of him rolling his eyes at her, he had done that a lot when he was a child growing up.

That's one thing she did NOT miss when he moved out.

Looking away from Elijah she now gave all her Focus on Zoe.

Giving her daughter a big smile, She then starts to play with her hair smoothing it out.

"Back then before I had adopted you Elijah stayed with me until he turned 12 years old and after he left that's when you came into my life."

"Why did he leave you?" Asked Zoe feeling confused by all of this.

This time Elijah spoke," I was recruited by the King to go off and do training with his guards so that I could be the next Commander."

"If that's so then why didn't you help us after your training? Why did you leave us to fend for ourselves? Mother what if you would have never had me you would be living in a gutter somewhere starving to death. How can you let this man after all these years come back into your life Into our life and then turn around and tell me to marry him?"

Hearing Zoe speak like this about him Elijah felt like shit, she was right all of it was right.

He was wrong not to help.

"Hunny doesn't blame Elijah for those things, I understand why he never came back and I don't blame him. It's like why didn't I go looking for him after he was done his training, I knew where he was this whole time but I didn't go to see him. Elijah's made something in his life and I didn't want to hold him back, he needed to move on and look forward in life not look back in his unhappy past."

Zoe started to think about her past and she too thought that she could sympathize with Elijah.

"Zoe (Esmeralda moves her hands to hold her daughter's hands) Hunny I have never begged you to do something before and if I have to I will. Elijah said that he will marry you, I need you to listen to me please take his offer to marry him and I promise you that if you do your life will become something bigger than you would ever imagine. I would never steer you wrong hunny so please just trust me on this."

Zoe looked into her mother's pleading eyes, they showed love and hope.

"Ok mother I'll marry him."

__________________________

Please Comment & Vote

                 🙂

                 02/28/2021