Chapter 6

Everyone had made it to shore and headed towards a bed and breakfast Inn.

By the time they had arrived, it was mid-day and Zoes stomic was making loud noises notifying her that she was hungry.

She felt so shy and embarrassed, Everyone was looking at her somewhere even laughing.

Zoe wished at this very moment that the ground would open up and swallow her whole from the embarrassment she felt.

The Commander would always take little looks here and there at Zoe, he too had noticed this particular time Zoes face was red.

He too could hear the sounds coming from her body so he said: "Let's hurry it up, I'm starving and I don't know about the rest of you lads but I think we can all hear this little shrimps stomic is also hungry by the house of it."

Once they had reached the hotel Zoe went straight away over towards the bar sitting herself down to order herself a meal not caring at this moment about getting a room set up for herself, eating was the only thing on her mind.

Right on cue, An older woman with a thick waist had passed by her table to take her order.

Zoe was about to say what she wanted but another voice could be heard.

"Give us your most popular dishes here and make it quick, were very busy people who don't have time to waste." Said The Commander who then placed his bag onto a nearby chair.

Instead of sitting himself down at another table to eat, he chose to sit right beside her.

Why me lord Zoe thought to herself? Why couldn't I just get two minutes to myself without being harassed by this neanderthal?

"Why do you need to sit with me? Don't you have any friends to sit with?" She asked with raised eyebrows.

The Commander gave her a wide smile " did I say that as would be working closely together on the ship?"

"But we're not working," Zoe emphasized the word working with quotation marks.

The Cheif had noticed Zoe sitting and talking to the Commander, as they chit-chatting this didn't sit well for the Cheif.

He thought of Zoe as his daughter as he too helped her adoptive mother raise her at a very young age.

He did not want Zoe to get herself mixed up with a man like the commander, she would only get her as both their background were different.

So instead of just watching them, the chief decided to walk over towards them to sit down at their table.

He says his greetings to the Commander "Commander, (he bowed his head to him)  sorry for intruding but I wanting to talk to you some more. I had read the letter that you had handed to me from the King and I just want to make sure that we are all on the same page."

As the chief said this he kept looking back and forth from the Commander to Zoe trying to read what their thoughts were.

The Commander knew that the Chief had made this excuse to come over to sit with them but he played along with it

"That's correct, A chest of Gold has gone missing and we will need to retrieve it if not we won't be able to leave from here until we have, it's the King's orders."

This news had worried Zoe. "But what if it takes several months? I can't stay here that long. I have a mother to take care of, she has nobody but me."

Instead of saying something nice to calm her/him down about her/his worries the Commander then said

"Well then you better get your ass working hard and fast to find this chest or you won't ever be going home. Your Cheif has said to me  that you were the best at solving cases so let's just hope that this task won't be too hard for you to handle."

" I can handle any job." Zoe spate out with anger.

Now she was made thinking this man didn't believe that she could do her job.

"To be honest I don't think you're that great. ( the Commander looked her/him up and down.) I think that your a man lost in a woman's small body. I also think that your Cheif over here says nice things about  you because he feels sorry for you."

Zoe smashes her hands down on the table.

"I'll prove you wrong and when I do you better be on your knees before me."

At this point, the Commander stood up and said "Alright if you do solve this task little Shrimp ill say sorry But remember this I am not the type to say sorry to anyone so that means I know for a fact you will NOT be the one to close this case."

The Commander laughed in her face then turned himself around to go chick himself in for a room.

"Be ready to say sorry," Zoe called out.........

__________________________

Please Comment & Vote

                🙂

                 01/31/2021