Chapter 20

Oh baby my one and only desire

🦋Armanda🦋
June 10,1988

"Baby let's go to the fair" I whined to Prince.

"Baby it's too hot for the fair" he said walking us in the kitchen. I was latched onto his leg.

"That's the point! It's always cold here now it's hot. I wanna go to the fair" I pouted.

Prince looked down at me and rolled his eyes.

"You are so worrisome on your period" he sighed.

"Daddy I wanna go to the fair" I said pulling out my bottom lip giving him some puppy dog eyes.

"You're not going to give up are you?"

"Nope. Please daddy can we go? You know you want too" I smiled.

"Fine. I'll call Morris and Cat." He sighed again.

"Oouu I'll call Jerome and Boni!" I said getting up.

I ran upstairs and changed. I came back down and saw the gang here.

"Hi guys" I smiled.

"Somebody's in a good mood" Morris chimed. "Wish I could say the same about Cat"

"Nigga shut the hell up you always talking" Cat rolled her eyes.

"She's just in a good mood for now. She'll be barking just like Cat later" Prince chuckled.

"That's what happens when 2 bestfriends period are in sync" Jerome laughed. "Glad Boni doesn't start until next week"

"Rome?" I called.

"Yes?"

"Shut the hell up" I blinked.

We made it to the fair. We were standing in line for the Ferris wheel. Morris and Cat were in front of us, Jerome and Boni behind. Prince had his arm around my shoulder.

"Can we go on the big rollercoaster next?" Jerome asked pointing at it.

"Hell no I'm not getting on that shit" Boni fussed.

"I'm with Boni hell nah!" Morris laughed.

"Y'all some pussies" Prince said.

"Nigga shutcho ass up! Don't act like you wasn't scared of motorcycles years ago" Morris said back.

"Little P was scared?" I asked.

"Yea! Little nigga got the Purple Rain motorcycle and was scared to drive it. Sheila was with him with hers and they were going to race. Prince didn't even make it out the yard. The bike was flipped over while Prince was hiding behind a tree" Morris chuckled.