| 21 |

"Now I'm standing with you in this terminal"
- Jojo

-

It has been a few days since Jeongguk and M/N got together, and sadly today was the day Jeongguk had to go home. They both went to the airport and together they waited at the terminal where Jeongguk had to wait for his flight. They just sat together there with merge fingers and Jeongguk's head on the older's shoulder. Jeongguk was broken inside, not the feeling of broken when he got to Norway - but the feeling of broken because he knew it could happen anytime that he had to go and say goodbye for maybe the next few months. The lady on the speakers told everyone that who has to leave Norway to South Korea must leave for the check-in. Jeongguk really didn't want to leave, but M/N stood up and told him to go and stand in the line for check-in "Can't I just stay here?" Jeongguk and M/N hugged as the younger cried in his arms, and it broke M/N's heart "Sadly no dear, you've to go home your hyungs are waiting for you" Jeongguk just cried even more, he wanted his hyungs but he also wanted M/N "Go and check-in Jeongguk, you can call me when you get home okay?" M/N whipped the younger's tears away and kissed his forehead because the younger wore a mask. The younger slowly let go and walked over to the check-in, and as soon as he was supposed to go through the gate, he turned around and saw M/N wave at him. M/N saw the Jeongguk was about to cry so he walked closer to him so that he stood just in front of the younger. Jeongguk hugged M/N again and cried the last tears, while M/N just pulled Jeongguk's hood up to cover his face "Jeongguk look at me" Jeongguk looked up from M/N's chest, M/N pulled down the youngers mask and leaned in, and kissed him. From any view, you couldn't see who it was unless you were very close, because the hood covered most of the kiss from afar. 

When they let go, a smile ran over their faces "I love you M/N I really do, and I'll bother you when I'm free" M/N smiled and gave Jeongguk a short kiss "I love you too, let's update each other every day when we can" Jeongguk chuckled "Go, honey, before you miss the plane" Jeongguk hugged M/N the last time and pulled up his mask again and said goodbye as he left. M/N waved goodbye, and when Jeongguk was out of his sight he looked down on his hand to see that one of his rings wasn't there - even if this would be hard, he gave one of Jeongguk's favourite rings that M/N often wore, the ring was something he made himself back when his grandfather showed him how to make rings by hand. One night Jeongguk sat on M/N's lap while he worked on a song, he played with his rings and feel in love with that one ring. M/N knew it would make Jeongguk happy to have something that M/N owned, so one night while Jeongguk worked out he bought the perfume he always wore, one of his hoodie, the ring and laid it inside Jeongguks suitcase when he looked away. Even in the early steps of their relationship, he didn't mind doing those things for the younger, it was going to take some time before they saw each other again. 

Jeongguk got inside the aeroplane and sat down on his seat, he pulled out his phone to send his hyungs a message about getting on the plane, so they would see each other in 15 hours if everything goes well, he laid back into the seat and tried to relax but the thought of being so far away from M/N hurt him inside. But he got what he came for, and now he has to go back to work - he knew that M/N will be there to help him when he feels alone and he couldn't be happier for that. He really loved that man, he did something to him and he loved it. From Jeongguk's handbag, he pulled out a book that M/N's friend got for him as a 'goodbye see you later' gift, it's a world-famous author that wrote fairy tales back in the 18-hundreds, H.C Andersen 'The Ugly Duckling' a story about a baby swan that grows up on a farm with other ducks, the swan gets bullied because it's ugly and runs away, only to find it's own kind, it grows up to become a beautiful swan. It's a beautiful story, and M/N would often read it or some of the other stories when Jeongguk missed being a kid. 

M/N's friend got him the English and Norwegian version, even a short version in the original language, Danish. The friend even told Jeongguk: "Where words fail, music speaks." And that quote stays with a lot of people, even Jeongguk. 

-