Issac taught me that.

"You did it didn't you?!" All of a sudden Hazel comes in screaming and crying shoving me while Mon pushes her back.

"My brother ain't did shit you buggin." Mon defends me.

"What is she talking about?" My mom asks a mug already on her face. She loves Hazel like a daughter but lately we all been peeping she's been trippin.

I shrug causing her to get even more mad. She tries to come at me but Mon blocks her. "You hurt him! You promised you wouldn't and now he's in the hospital in a coma and his hands are deformed!" She cries.

My moms eyes widen at that and she gaps. "Torin you didn't." She denies.

Monroe continues to defend me knowing the truth. "My brother ain't do shit take yo ass on somewhere cause if you put ya hands on him again I'm beating yo ass." She threatens.

Hazel sobs walking away and I walk after her. "He put his hands on you." I finally speak up. We are now outside and she just walks away continuing to cry.

I feel someone grip my arm and I'm yanked around coming in contact with the back of my moms hand as she backhands me across the face. I hold my cheek staring down at her. "Torin tell me you didn't do what the fuck she said you did."

I just hold my stinging cheek not saying anything. "Answer me!" She yells at me. Monroe is behind me mouthing to me just answer her but I don't. "What the fuck is wrong with you? So you can't talk now? You can't answer me?!" She continues with hurt in her tone.

There's nothing I can really say especially when I know I did it. I consider Hazel family and if somebody did that shit to Monroe I would've did the same thing if not worse. If ain't nobody out here to protect them then I have to. If not me then who?

"Nothing is wrong with him." Monroe defends.

"You know what since you can't talk don't come home tonight. You can come back home when you figure out how to respond when I'm talking to you."

"You just smacked me across the face," I state. "And you expect me to talk to you?"

"Because you out here rippin and running the streets-"

"You know what I do," I remind her. "Where you think that money came from?" I question.

She doesn't reply instead she just walks off and goes into the house. "I swear I'm gone beat Hazel ass." Monroe threatens. Once she sees I'm not speaking she talks again. "Did you really do that to Orlando?"

I shrug. "If it was you I would've did his ass even worse."

She sighs. "Taj I don't know what Hazel is going through but clearly she didn't want your help and all it did was make mom."

"I don't give a fuck what she wanted that's what she needed." I make myself clear. Mon just rolls her eyes walking away.

Meanwhile I pull my phone out texting somebody.