30

☾

"You're not fighting? Did you pull a muscle or something" Jacobs sarcastic voice is loud as he enters the large secluded field. Bella, Edward, Jasper and Katherine already standing waiting for him. The boy is dressed as usual, or well half naked as usual with just his long shorts on and no shirt. Edward scoffs seeing his attire, that boy needed to put some clothes on he didn't care if he had a good body.

"He's doing it for me okay?" Bella speaks up against his snarky comment, Jacob rolling his eyes in response. Edward and Bella were staying away from the battle, up in the mountains where the newborns couldn't get to her. It was Bellas decision, worried that her precious lover would end up getting hurt or killed if he was on the field and away from her. Rosalie had a right laugh when she heard about it, so she didn't care about the rest of them being at risk but as long as it was Edward safe all was okay, inconsiderate bitch.

Rosalie's hatred for Bella worsened as time went on, the more that happened the more she despised the human girl and now her and her lover were going into a battle against numerous newborns where they could easily risk getting killed all for the protection of Bella. If anything happened to Katherine Rosalie had vowed Edward would feel the same exact pain she would, Bella wouldn't live to see another day.

"Whatever. Just tell me the plan" Jacob looked towards Jasper and Katherine, ignoring Edwards presence all together. He couldn't stand seeing the way Edward's hand gripped the waist of the girl he loved as he pulled her into him and Edward's smug face infuriated him more as he heard his jealous thoughts.

"This field will give us an advantage in battle" Jasper tells the shifter, gesturing to the grassy land around them. It was fully clear but surrounded by trees giving the wolves an advantage of hiding until they were needed. It's far enough from town so no humans would come wondering anywhere even close to it. It was safe and the perfect place to end everything.

"We need to lure the newborns with Bella's scent, but it needs to end here" Katherine picks up from Jaspers last sentence and points towards the human girl. Bellas cheeks warming as her eyes land on her, her eyes were so beautiful. Her lashes were long and thick and fluttered whenever her gaze shifted, her eyes a warm swirl of honey and gold that twinkled in the sunlight. She was just ethereal, all of her.

Jaspers head tilts at the nervous feeling rushing from Bella, something was very off about that girl whenever Katherine was around but he kept his thoughts to himself. Edward was pissed off as it was.

"Edward and I are going to a campsite. Even If he carries me they'll still pick up on our scents" Bella collects herself and turns to Jacob informing him, Jacob cocking his head to the side a little in confusion. He didn't understand why they needed him if the two lovers were making a frantic get away from all the drama.

"Your stench, however, is revolting" Edward spits at the shapeshifter whilst his grip tightens on Bella, the wolf boy giving him a raised eyebrow and a scoff.

"Dude, you really don't wanna start comparing stinks"

"Uh oh the girls are fighting again..." Katherine whispers to herself making Jasper smirk and hide a chuckle, Edward and Jacob ignore her.

"What he means is that your scent will make mine if you carry me" Bella cuts off their squabbling before it could turn into anything more, giving Jasper a side glance as he pulls his smirk back into a straight face. She knew the dark haired girl had made a funny comment and she wanted to know what it was too, she loved hearing any remark she made. Katherine rolls her eyes at the childish pair, their toxic masculinity was getting old now. She was so glad she was into women.

"Done" Jacob wastes no hesitation on agreeing with the idea. It'll make him the hero, the protector; Edward cant even save his girlfriend or hide her properly because he's a vampire proving jacob was the right option for Bella. Edward looks towards his siblings with a shake of his head.

"This isn't a good idea" he protests.

"Edward, they won't want to get anywhere near the pups...odor" Katherine grins as Jacob sent her a annoyed look.

"Okay, let's just try it" Bella says, trying to cut off the tension and walks towards Jacob, letting him scoop her up bridal style. Her timid eyes go straight to watch Katherines reaction however all the girl did was wink at her with a grin, loving the way Edward had stiffens and his jaw clenches.

"Eau de wolf comin' up" Jacob nods towards edward, bella wrapping her arms around his neck to get more comfortable within his grasp.

"Run" Jacob follows Edwards instructions for once and sets off running away from the three vampires.

"If you drop her ill laugh!" Katherine shouts after them, waving dramatically leaving Edward to smack her up the head telling her to stop being a wind up.

"You're such a misery arse" she rolls her eyes at him and pretends to rub her head as if it hurt. Jasper just shakes his head at the pair. 

The three left it a few minutes to make sure that the experiment would work properly. All just standing in silence, Katherine rocking on her heels feeling ever so bored. She could be with her wife right now but no she was tracking Bella, such an inconvenience to her life.

After a few moments the girl turns to the honey blonde southerner with a cheeky grin.

"Come on cowboy let's go track some bella" she says to him and they both take off after them in the same direction, trying to find any hints of Bellas scent, however all they could smell was dog. They split up in each direction, trying ti track any hint of human but the only scent was jacobs. They met back in the middle and grin at eachother. Success.

"Shall we just go home and leave Edward stood in the field"

They both grin and laugh at themselves before shoving eachother playfully, both running back to where the boy was stood waiting with a face like a slapped arse.

"All we picked up was wolf stench, no Isabella" Katherine informs him as the pair made their way out of the trees.

"This will work" Jasper assures him but edward just scoffed, his attitude bitter with the situation .

"Great"

"Oi, don't give us attitude just because your girlfriend will need multiple showers after this" Katherine gives him a pointed look, to which the mind reader just rolls his eyes. He loves Katherine but he can't be dealing with her right now, no one understood what it was like to have someone else in love with the love of you life.

"What would you do if someone else was in love with Rosalie?" He raises an eyebrow at the raven haired girl to which she shrugs carelessly. She was in no competition with anyone, she'd happily let someone love rosalie because she knew she was the only one rosalie wanted, she'd love to see their faces of disappointment as her wife bins them off in the rudest way possible. 

"Burn them alive" an innocent smile comes onto her face as Edward gives her a blank look. She genuinely would that's the thing.

"But Rosalie wouldn't be in love with another...so I wouldn't have to worry anyways" the slight dig she makes made Jasper chuckle a little as he follows her out of the field. Edward knew Bella was also In love with Jake, but seeing someone else notice aswell was like a punch in the gut.

However what Edward didn't know was that it wasn't Jacob at all that Bella was in love with, however someone else, someone much closer to him...

☀︎︎