☾

"Freedom at last" Katherine sighed in relief as the bell rang at the end of last period; signalling it was time to leave the prison that was called school.

Packing up her things, which consisted of a pencil and ruler, and shoving them in her backpack she barely even left her seat before Rosalie had her arms wrapped around her.

"It's time to go home" she hummed in her ear making tingles go down Katherines spine, a smile gracing her lips as excitement filled her body head to toe.

She had been waiting for this all day.

They left the maths classroom hand in hand in a hurry, whispering in eachothers ears about the things they were going to do to eachother when they got home. Soft promises, some sweet and some absolutely filthy being passed back and forth; blocking their senses of those around them that stared at their close contact.

Rosalies head snapped up in alert when they were knocked out of their little teasing game by Edward who had marched up to the pair, grabbed Katherines hand and practically dragged them to their cars.

He gave no explanation, just gripping Katherine in a grip that forced her to walk besides him in utter silence. Rosalie growled at the way Edward was manhandling her girl, the boy hearing her thoughts, looked to where he was gripping Katherine in such a tight grip that tiny cracks had began to form on the smooth skin of her wrist.

He apologised quickly, regret evident in his eyes as he smoothed over the cracks before dropping her wrist ever so softly. His voice cracked slightly, the girls now noticing something was very wrong with him; Katherine just shook her head at his apology and rubbed his arm. Something was wrong, he was overly stressed but what could have caused it? She needed to know if she wanted to help.

"I'll explain to everyone when we get home but we need to get out of here now" Edward said in a hurry, eyes pleading with the two girls who shared a look and then nodded. They followed him out of the double doors of the school entrance and then out to the parking lot, worry filling Katherine from the inside out.

She'd never seen Edward like this before. He seemed scared.

As they got to their cars, Edward dismissed any questions asked by the four that stood waiting for them and gestured for them to get into their cars.

Kol gave his sister a confused glance, thrown off by Edwards attitude. She shrugged back in response, she had no clue what got him so riled up.

The twins along with Emmet and Rose quickly entered Rosalie's car, Katherine slipping into the drivers seat whilst wasting no time in slamming her foot down to speed out of the lot and get on the road to o back home, where their adoptive parents were already waiting for them.

None noticed that a certain muddy brown haired human was watching their movements like a hawk.