8

☾

"No school!" Came the booming voice of Emmets as he fist pumps the air and jumps up from his seat, only to he pulled back down by grumpy Kol, who had been cuddling him and then thrown off when he had jumped up.

The sun was out and shining brighter than any other day in Forks, the rays of golden finally freed from the storming clouds that usually loomed overhead. It was bright, not a cloud in the sky meaning it was a day off school for the Cullen 'children', it was too dangerous to be seen out today.

"Sorry baby" Emmet chuckles and places a kiss of apology upon his forehead, the pouty boy just huffing before settling back into his arms just like they had been before.

"Oh how I love the sunny days of Forks" Katherine sighs happily, skipping her way through the living room to take a look out of the window. The normal dull greens of the trees glimmering into that of emerald under the heavy beams of sunlight. It looked beautiful.

She had always loved observing nature, it was one of those things that could never turn boring. Mother Nature was a powerful bitch that's for sure.

Rosalie enters the room and lets out a laugh at the position of Emmet and Kol, the burley vampire practically being used as a chair whilst Kol sits on him.

"Comfy?" She asks, eyebrow raising in amusement when her brother in law nods.

"Very" he mumbles back, eyes resting shut. Katherine turns around and shakes her head, moving towards the back of the couch to ruffle her brothers' hair before stepping up towards Rosalie, the blonde instantly taking her into her arms.

"Come outside with me?" She asks her wife receiving a enthusiastic nod. She wanted just a day out in the sun with her, it was rare to have such a bright day and with no school she wasn't passing up the opportunity.

"Lead the way beautiful"

They soon set off running, hand in hand with the wind blowing through their hair as they sped from the house and into the woods around them.

Katherine loved running, even from being a human, although she would get short of breath and have to pull through painful stitches in her sides she still thoroughly enjoyed it, so now as a vampire she loved it even more. She loved feeling the air and earth surrounding her as she sped off to wherever she pleased, running was a feeling of freedom, a way to escape but also a way to find exactly what you're looking for.

Running was a road of choice.

Rosalie turns her head to look at her mate. She was stunning. Like Aphrodite herself. Wind pushing her hair back from her face with her skin glittering as the rare sunlight of forks bounced off of her figure, making it seem as though a thousand crystals were embedded within her skin. Her beauty was compared to no others, not even her own.