7

☾

Kol smiles as he watches his sisters concentrated face flicker from him to her sketchbook, the pencil in her grip swiping across the paper in quick yet precise movements.

He loved how peaceful it was.

Just him and her sitting in a clearing they have found the first year they had arrived here. It was their spot. No one else knew about it, it was filled with a various amount of gorgeous wild flowers and a small stream ran along side the edge of it. The perfect setting for a get away place, no one could get to them there.

Back when they were small frail humans, they had a spot just like it, one they used as a hiding place to escape anyone who would try to hurt them. It gave a sense of peace, knowing that even in death they were still together.

"Katherine?" Kol speaks quietly making her look up from her drawing to him, eyes soft and aware at the conflicted expression he wore.

"Yeah?" She replies back, head tilting to the side slightly to get a better look at him. She could always tell what he was thinking just by looking into his eyes, Kol was a very hard person to read but being his twin gave her an advantage. He never used to be cold believe it or not.

"Why are you so calm about the Isabella situation?" He was genuinely curious, had it been any other human Katherine would have gone mad, but she wasn't and he confused why.

Family came above everything for his sister, as it did with him, but for a threat like this Bella girl she seemed more laid back than he thought she should've been.

"She means something to Edward. Alice confirmed them in a vision together...years from now" she reveals with a sigh making him look at her in shock. She wasn't supposed to tell anyone, Alice made her promise as it could cause a break in future decisions but who was she kidding, as if she could keep a secret from her twin.

"You believe that..."

"She could possibly be Edwards mate? Yes. That is the only reason I have not interfered. Edward has been stuck around us couples for a very long time, it's about time he got to experience some love" she tells him, eyes leaving his to go back to sketching her portrait. Kol studies her, keeping his eyes on her face as she continues to draw; she truly believes what she's been told.

Of course she would, Katherine was and always will be a sucker for romance and if it had something to do with Edward, she'd be the first one to try and make him happy.

He used to be jealous of how quickly she bonded with the copper haired boy, she cared for him like a mother and for some reason that used to always make him feel bitter. Maybe it was because in honesty Katherine had raised him too despite them being the same age, he was selfish in wanting to keep her to himself, she was a part of him after all- she was his other half- his twin. He'd never let her know that he was jealous, he felt silly but he couldn't explain the feeling. Edward and Jasper knew of course, they could hear and feel it aswell as Emmet who he had told on on a long rant- he didn't know why the feeling never went away but it never did.