14

☾

"I've had to fight our kind before, we're not easy to kill" Jasper tells the family as they all rush to the garage. They needed to get Bella as far away from forks as possible and they needed to lead the tracker away from Bella.

Having rushed from the field and to the house, they wasted no time in crafting up a plan to help save Edward's humans life.

"It's not impossible, I'll tear him apart"

"And I'll burn him ashes to ashes" the twins spit out one after the other, their protective instincts going haywire as they felt themselves slipping into their army ways. The others had never seen them like this before, they had never seen the way kols eyes would turn black with a grey glow as he thought about showing his enemy their darkest fears and they have never witnessed the dangerous glow of red running through Katherines palms as she itched to set someone alight.

"I don't relish the thought of killing another creature, even a sadistic one like james" Carlisle speaks, grabbing things from the cupboards, he wasn't a violent man and would always stand by peace but it was true that James had to die. He was a danger to everyone.

Rosalie notice the change in Katherines behaviour, she saw the way her once honey coloured eyes now were a fiery orange, she hopped up onto a counter and took Katherine in between her legs, holding her close to her. Katherine relaxed slightly but her mind was still set on the task at hand. Destroy the tracker.

"What if he kills one of us first?" Rosalie's question is ignored, the answer lingering within the air whilst everyone continues to grab things from around the garage, packing bags and filling cars with essentials.

"I'm gonna run Bella south, can you lead the tracker away from here?" Edwards hold on his girlfriend was tight, he wanted to rip James to shreds not only had he thought about killing Bella but he also had vile thoughts about Katherine, James knew all about the twins, of course many vampires had with them being the Volturis most prized possessions and his fascination for Katherine ran deep, even with a mate, his desire for the raven haired girl was more than any feeling he had for his own mate. He was disgusting and no doubt if both Rosalie and Kol had heard his thoughts they wouldn't of wasted a second before wiping his head clean off of his shoulders.

"No, Edward. James knows you would never leave Bella. He will follow you" Carlisle told him in a hard tone. They had to be smart about this. They had to out smart James.

"I'll go with Bella" Alice announced as she walked up to the pair.

"Jasper, Katherine and I will drive her south , I'll keep her save Edward" she told them which made both Kol, Katherines and Rosalie's heads snap towards the pixie like vampire. Rosalie's hold on her wife tightened, she didn't want her mate with anyone but her.