𝙋𝙧𝙚-𝙩𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

☀︎︎PRE-TWILIGHT

☀︎︎
PRE-TWILIGHT

2003

"All packed?" Rosalie asked her wife whilst she walked into their room, watching as Katherine throws the last of her things into boxes.

It had been nearly fifty years since they met, and it had been the most amazing fifty years of their lives. After their first kiss the pair wasted no time in becoming official, after that they were inseparable and could barely keep their hands off of one another.

The pair of mates learned everything about eachother. Rosalie learnt all of Katherines past, her human life, the army, Maurice, staying with the Volturi, Jane, being on the run with her brother. All of it. And Katherine learned the same, Rosalie told her all about her human life and the luxury she lived as well as the future she wanted though Katherines heart broke when she told her what happened the night she was forced to become a vampire, she couldn't help the dangerous snarl that left her throat at the thought of those filthy men harming her rose, she hoped they suffered in the deepest depths of hell for what they put her lover through.

Rosalie suffered a lot with her insecurities from the events that took place and needed a lot more reassurance and Katherine didn't hesitate to show her just how perfect she is, Rosalies fears went deeper than she ever led on, she was scared. She was scared of many things, she was horrified that she wasn't good enough for Katherine, that she wasn't what Katherine wanted. She was scared that Katherine would one day find her too much to handle and leave her, finding another pretty girl who was kind to others and not as self centered as she was. She was scared of losing Katherine's love. It was the only true love she had ever experienced in her life, Katherine made her feel whole, she made her feel like the only girl in the word. Katherine cherished her as though she was a precious diamond. The raven haired vampire never let these thoughts stay in her lovers head for long though, she always reassured her that she is the only one she wants, she stole her heart and she never wants it back, it's hers.

But she wasn't the only one who was scared to lose her mate, Katherine also had that fear. Rosalie was a woman with many wishes for her life, and as much as Katherine wanted to grant her them, she couldn't grant the one she wanted the most. Rosalies heart was set on having a child. She wanted a baby, it was her biggest wish from a being human and Katherine couldn't give her one, she wasn't a man nor was she even alive to give her one if she was. She didn't even like children... well to be fair she's never really been near one, in all honesty they scared her. They were so fragile and innocent, she was afraid to hurt one of them.

This was one of the main arguments that occurred between the two, it rarely happened but Rosalie only hoped that every few decades Katherine would change her mind. She didn't. They didn't speak to eachother for about half an hour before Rosalie would come back to her apologising for being inconsiderate, it was her dream to have a family with Katherine and she wanted nothing more than to make it happen but she would have to live with the fact that she may never be a mother, of course Katherine was more than enough for her but she wanted that experience with Katherine, she wanted to witness Katherine holding their little bundle in her arms or making them giggle happily as she played with them. She had accepted it but she couldn't help but hope for one day.