I didn't plan on sharing my mate with someone else, let alone, three other guys. I'm a strict monogamous kind of guy, is that such a bad thing? It already infuriated me when I heard she's been hooking up with both Colt and Daxon. Now for it to be confirmed that they are her equal, my equal, it's just too much.

I glance up at her bunk and see her bed still made up from the day prior. Where did she go yesterday? And why did she not respond to my messages?

I suddenly felt sick for leaving her behind. How did I go from worrying about her feelings to crushing them so quickly?

I wanted to go back, wrap her up in my arms, and take her away from this place. But I can't. Because no matter how much I wish to ignore it, she cares about the other three. I know she wouldn't leave them behind.

I sigh, walking towards my own bunk bed and hopping up. I run my fingertips along the wall, using my magic to brush against the small crease hidden by my pillow. I pull along the creased edge, using my magic to drag effortlessly. Inside the small hole, lay a small pouch.

I could feel my pulse beating against my head as I rested the pouch in the palm of my hand. I knew what lay inside. Knew what it was meant for. The only present my bastard parents ever gave me. And yet, I leave the bag untouched, replacing it back into its hole, and sealing it back up.

Maeve's POV

I made my way through the dense forest, following the sound of laughter and music. I could already feel my tears dry up, the only remaining evidence that could be seen was in the redness of my eyes. But I could just easily pass that off as being high.

"Maeve!" I heard my name being called, making me squeeze my eyes shut. "Hey!" But it wasn't the voice of one of my ma...it was just Jesper.

I turn towards his voice, spotting a group of people sitting around a campfire right on the outskirts of the party. I make my way towards them, most people not paying me any attention, others eyeing me up and down, but in a more appreciative way.

"Hey, where have you been lately?" I asked in a tone I knew sounded hollow. I glanced over, seeing his arm wrapped around another shifter's shoulders. That must be AJ then.

He cringed. "With my pack back at home. My mother just had a fourth pup."

I felt my lips try and form a smile. "Well, congratulations."

"Thanks, but it's not my dad's kid," he responded with a frown before shaking his head. "Anyways, come sit down. You look like you could use something to take your mind off things."

I raised a brow, "Do I really look that bad?" I asked, although I was gratefully taking a seat.

"You know you always look good. You're just looking..." His words trailed off as he searched my face intently. "Lost."

I sighed, watching closely as the people around us relaxed into a state of calm, some smiling, others completely blank. I looked to where AJ was putting some sort of powdery substance on the table.

"Is that coke?" I asked bluntly.

Jesper chuckled, shaking his head. "No, it's hellfire." He must have seen the skeptical look on my face before he continued. "It's just a magic-infused powder, it's not as bad as it sounds."

I watched as AJ bent over and instead of snorting the powder, he licked it clean off his thumb. His demeanor immediately changed from rigid and tense to calm and carefree.

Jesper was already putting some in his mouth before he glanced over at me. "You can have some, or don't. But please don't go wandering off into the woods this late. You never know what could be out there."