Chapter 21: A Helping Hand

... 3 hours later...

LYANDRA POV
"Does this fee better?" Aida asked me as she rapped my knee with a white bandage, pinning it shut. I stretched my knee as I let out a loud groan. "It definitely feels better. Thanks sis " I replied giving her a warm smile.

After cleaning up all the mess, Aida cuddled up beside me in bed. "So. What are we watching?" She asked scrolling through Netflix. "Umm ou ou I know. Let's watch The Umbrella Academy!" I chirped eagerly. "Okay fineeee" Aida sighed as she rolled her eyes playfully.

I rested my head on her shoulder as we watched the tv show together.

the next day

...the next day...

I woke up the next day with the same burning pain in my knee from yesterday. Fuck I whispered under my breath holding my knee with both hands. I needed to get some water. My throat was so damn parched.

I held a tight grip on both sides of the bed as I tried to stand up. "Argh fuck" I grunted as I stumbled, falling to the ground. Before I could hit the floor, a male figure caught me.

Oh no! Who is this? I looked up nervously to see Giovanni holding onto my arms with a firm but gentle grip. He gently pulled me up, helping me sit  back down on my bed.

"You need to be more careful dear" he said in a deep tone standing in front of me with both hands tucked into his pockets. Damn, he's so tall and scary. "I'm fine sir. Thank you for catching me" I said letting out an extremely nervous chuckle.

"My wife told me what happened yesterday. Are you okay?" he asked in a worried tone. "Yea I'm fine. It's not that serious" I said letting out a chuckle. "This isn't the first time I've had to stitch myself" I said to Giovanni rubbing the back of my neck.

As he listened to the words that had just come out of my mouth, his expression changed within seconds. Uh oh. "What do you mean this isn't the first time?" he asked in a calm tone. "Uh nothing" I said chuckling nervously as I tied to change the topic as quickly as possible.

"Do you like rainbows, because I like rainbows. What's your favourite color? Mine is purple-."  I rambled as he darted those scary intimidating eyes at me.

Giovanni stepped towards me, with a look that could kill. Oh no. Maybe I should just tell him. I mean what's the worst that could happen, right?

"When I used to live with my father, he would beat me with metal sticks, belts, hammers, bottles and even more believe it or not."

"When Gianni threw the glass at me, it reminded me of when my father would throw bottles at me, or beat me with them. I often had glass stuck in my body, so I learned how to stitch myself when I was super young" I told gio fidgeting with my hands.

He walked over to me and placed his hands on mine. It was nice. Comforting to be more specific.

"That bastard will never touch you ever again. While your here we will protect you" he said in a possessive tone caressing my hands.

I let out a shaky breath trying not to cry. This all I've wanted my whole life. A family who loved and didn't want to hurt me.

I didn't have to worry anymore. I didn't have to worry about being locked in a bathroom, or getting beat because I didn't get a beer fast enough. I had the Russos, my new family.

Gio let go of my hands and placed a gently kiss on my forehead. He made his way over to the door, until I stopped him.

"Wait!" I yelled out. "Do you think you could teach me how to defend myself? I don't want to feel helpless anymore. I'm tired of it. It's time I learned how to fight for myself" I asked looking at gio with a pleading look in my eyes.

He looked back at me and chuckled. "When your knee is heeled, I'll train you" gio replied.

I ran up to him and hugged him tightly. "Thank you, thank you, thank you" I smiled with so much excitement in my voice. I opened my eyes to realize I was holding gio a little too tight.

I quickly let go of him as I looked into his eyes. "It's no problem mio caro" he says chuckling leaving my room.

I hop into bed and stared up at the roof. This was it. My chance at a new start.

I'm tired of being known as the pathetic weak girl. It was time for me for me to fight.

~Sorry this chapter is so short😭forgive me~
~Thank you for reading~💞
~Leave a comment and vote~💞