Chapter 13: Its Now or Never

... 1 week later...

LYANDRA POV

... 7:15 am ...

Hm I feel someone shaking me. Is this in my dream or is it real? Oh no! Father has me again!

"No!" I screamed waking up, to find a male figure standing in front of me. I gasped, as the man gently grabbed my hand.

"Tortina breathe, it's just me" ace said caressing my hands, causing my breathing to relax. It's just ace Lyandra. It's just ace, I say letting out a deep breathe.

"I'm so sorry tortina, I didn't mean to scare you" he apologized giving me a hug. "It's fine Blondie, you just startled me a bit. Next time maybe try a gentle tap on my arm yea" I asked playfully slapping his arm, as he let out a soft chuckle.

"Why'd you wake me up?" I asked stretching out my arms. "Gianni needs you to get ready. Ma, pa, and our sisters are on there way here from the airport. They should be here in a bit" ace says.

"Wait ma pa and sisters" I asked ace, as my brows furrowed. Ace didn't look anything like Gianni. Do they have different dads or something?

"I'm adopted tortina" ace says giving me a faint smile. "My family was murderd in a plane incident when I was 5. Giannis ma and pa took me in and raised me as their own" ace says, as he stared at me with pain in his eyes.

Did he think this would change my view of him? "I'm glad they took you in. If they didn't, I wouldn't have met you brother" I said rapping my arms around ace.

I was truly glad I had met ace. He was the family I never got to have growing up. He's my bother wether we were bind by blood, or not.

"Thank you tortina" he says placing a kiss on my forehead.  "Wait!" I yelled out remembering what ace had just told me.

"That idiot!" I snarled angrily, throwing my hands behind me head. "Why didn't he tell me earlier?" I asked ace pacing around my room.

"I don't know. Must have slipped his mind. He's been busy with work lately, he probably just forgot" ace said shrugging his shoulders.

I pace around the room, rubbing the temples of my head. What if they don't like me? What if they think I'm stupid? Ugh I hate him. He should've told me sooner. I'm not mentally prepared for this. Oh no.

"What do I wear!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, causing ace to cover his ears in shock. Out of the blue I head loud foot steps heading towards my room. Who is that?

"I heard someone say something about clothing. Not to fear the clothing doctor is near" adeya said making her way towards me.

"Adeya!" I screamed, running up to her pulling her into a tight embrace.

"Hey ly, what's wrong?" She asked. "Gianni's family is coming from the airport right now and I look a hot mess" I replied rubbing my hands together in frustration.

"Omg my babies are coming over?" adeya asked smiling at ace. "Yea they should be here soon, so hurry it up Babe" ace said giving Adeya a kiss, before leaving my room. "Don't worry babe I got this!" she yelled at ace.

We both make our way to the bathroom, bringing my makeup bag along. Thankfully I spotted a makeup store at the mall with Gianni, so I decided to pick up a bit of things.

She placed the makeup bag on the counter, throwing me a towel. "While you take a shower, I'm gonna go find a cute outfit to wear" she said making her way out the bathroom. "Okay, thanks deya!" I yelled from the shower, hoping that she heard me.

I really hope she did. I honestly loved deya, and I wanted  her to know I really do appreciate her help. "Anytime boo!" She yelled back, leaving a huge smile on my face.

...15 minutes later...

"Okay girl, I found the perfect outfit" she said holding up a long sleeve crop top, denim jeans, and a pair of heels

"Okay girl, I found the perfect outfit" she said holding up a long sleeve crop top, denim jeans, and a pair of heels. "Ouuu this is cute" I said to her, snatching the outfit from her hands.

"I know" she says shrugging her shoulders at me sarcastically. "Put on your outfit fist, then we'll start the makeup".... "kk" I replied as Adeya left the bathroom, shutting the door behind her.

I open the bathroom door to find adeya laying on my bed

I open the bathroom door to find adeya laying on my bed. Should I slap her butt or should I not? Hmmmmm questions questions.

I definitely should, I say giggling under my breath, lifting my hand to slap her ass. Hard.

Smack!

"Ah fuck!!" she screamed jumping up from the bed, clenching her butt cheeks together. "I'm so sorry" I apologized crying from laughter. She turns around to yell at me, but her jaw drops as she stared at me.

"Omg bitchhhh you look so bomb"Adeya smiled, giving my arm a twirl as her eyes roamed my body.  "Thank you" I said blushing, while tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"You don't even need makeup ly. I'm just gonna re-hydrate your curls and toss on some mascara."

"That's all!" I shouted with worry in my voice. I need makeup. What if they think I'm ugly! I needed to make a good first impression, but I trust adeya.

If she says I didn't need makeup, I know I truly don't need it. I trust her opinion and if i'm being honest, its time I started feeling more confident in my skin.

We make our way to the bathroom, and I sit on the tiny chair Gianni had bought me at the mall. Adeya pulls out some hair and makeup products and begins to do my hair and makeup.

...15 minutes later...

"Anddddd done"  Adeya sighed scrunching my curls in her hands. She smiled, handing me her mirror.

"Holy shit, is this really me!" I yelled as I slapped my hand over my mouth in shock. Damn, I look good.

"That's all you ly and look, you didn't even need makeup" she said smiling at me. Adeya was right. I didn't need makeup to be pretty. I was indeed naturally beautiful, I just needed someone to help me realize that.

"Are you ready to meet the family?" Adeya questioned me. To be honest, no. I wasn't ready at all, but to be fair this is Gianni's family we're talking about.

I want to leave a good impression on him and his family, so I'll  just have to suck it up and be confident.

"It's now or never" I said letting out a deep sigh, as I gently locked arms with Adeya making our way downstairs.

Deep breaths Lyandra. Deep breaths.

~Thank you for reading~💞
~Leave a comment and vote~💞