"➍" : ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀᴍᴏʀᴇ

。◍。◍。🖤。◍。◍。

。◍。◍。🖤。◍。◍。

"So you understand? Elena is not Katherine," Stefan told me, kneeling so that he could look directly into my eyes.

We all had been sitting in the living room of the boarding house for the past hour. The group tried to convince me that Elena was not Katerina. She was a doppelganger, ergo, she looked exactly like her. I wanted to believe them as the girl did seem nice. She was warm, kind, sweet. Everything I rarely got from my sister, Even when she hadn't imprisoned me in some cave.

I knew about the existence of witches and that my sister had taken their help to put me in a coma. But Vampires? Doppelgangers? Werewolves? All of the bedtime stories that my mother used to recite to my sister and me when we were kids were real. I can't believe it!

All of them had a hard time convincing me about the supernatural world. The fact that I was in a room with Caroline, Stefan and Damon, who were vampires, Bonnie, who was a witch somehow didn't mean to scare me. If they wanted to hurt me, wouldn't they have already?

They told me that Katerina was a vampire and also about what happened in 1864. If I think about it, she was rather sketchy the last time I met her. The time when she imprisoned me. My sister had a habit of always wanting more, but to toy with two brothers? It was something I could never imagine. Becoming a vampire had changed her completely.

And about Klaus too. The same man who was after my sister in 1496, the one who killed my family and thanks to whom, I was under a magical spell for five hundred years. He wasn't just any vampire, but one of the original vampires. That's why Katerina was so frightened of him.

"Rose, you're scaring us. Please say something." Elena pleaded, diverting my attention from my thoughts and I realized that all along I had been staring at the wall. I looked up to find the concern-filled faces of everyone, who had been waiting for me to say something all along

"I-I don't know what to say," I asserted, more to myself than the others.

"It's okay if you don't trust us anymore. Such a big revelation can shake anyone up." Stefan mused, assuring me that it was all fine. Here's the thing: nothing was fine.

"It's not like I don't want to trust you all, I do. Although we met yesterday, I do trust you," I sighed. "I shouldn't, but I do...I think I just need a little time for everything to sink in."

"Take all the time you need," Caroline spoke with a polite smile. Bonnie and Caroline sat on either side of me while Stefan went over to sit next to Alaric and Elena on the couch opposite us and Damon was sitting on a chair.

The whole group looked at each other awkwardly as if they wanted to say something to me but were hesitating.

"It's okay. I know what you're going to ask." I nodded at them in assurance.