"Will you paint me again one day?" Rosalie's asks her as she plays with her hair, twirling it inbetween her fingers. Katherine nods enthusiastically before a tiny smirk makes its way on face and she brings her lips up to Roses ear.

"I'll draw you like one of my french girls" Rosalie snorts at the comment whilst Emmets high fives her, Edward just throws his chips down onto his lunch tray trying to escape the dirty mind that is Rosalie Hale.

He stands up abruptly and leaves the table making the others look at him in utter confusion until they see what or well who he was walking towards.

He knew it was a bad idea.

He instantly felt Rosalie's and Kol's glares on his back but ignored them and made his way towards the salad bar, where Isabella Swan happened to be.

"What is he playing at?" Rosalie fumes angrily, seeing the boy step up besides the boy who was already too suspicious for her own good. Katherine was quick to grab her hand and rub soft circles upon her knuckles to try to calm her, Emmet does the same to Kol who was cursing Edward out with such vulgar phrases that he stiffened from across the cafeteria.

"Love it's okay, forget about them. Those two will cause you ageing wrinkles" Jokes Katherine, trying to lighten the mood which thankfully she did as she saw Rosalie's lips quirk up into a smile.

"Stop distracting me baby, I'm trying to be angry with him" she purses her lips and slouches back into her seat, eyes still narrowed on the pair stood shoulder to shoulder at the salad bar.

"Let him do what he wants with her, it's him who will have to deal with the consequences for now" Rosalie and Kol both go to complain but one look from Alice immediately silences them.

Their family was far too nice for their own goods, it was like they were the only too that wanted to put a stop to Edward getting away with everything just because he spent years alone. Just because he wanted to be a brooding, depressed and self centred emo kid didn't give him the right to put their lives at risk.

"There would be no consequences if he left her alone" Jasper drawls, jaw slack and body stiff as he and the rest of the family listened in closely on the conversation between the unlikely pair.

"Edible art? Bella" they watch with calculating eyes as Bella knocks an apple off the side of the steel bar only for Edward to kick it back up with ease, the apple bouncing off of his shoe and up into his hands so he's holding it within his palms with a shit eating grin upon his lips .

"Show off" Katherine thought.

"How did she knock that off? Is she actually that clumsy?" scoffs Rosalie, face pulled into a confused one at the sight she'd just been forced to witness. If she could cry out of second hand embarrassment, she would.

"I think she's an attention seeking little b-"

"Kol" Alice scolds her adoptive brother, sending him a small glare at his choice of language. He sends her a finger back and crosses his arms like a child, a nasty glare on his features whilst he stares at Bella. He knew she'd find out, she wasn't stupid and that was the problem.

She had to go.

"You know your mood swings are kind of giving me whiplash" Bella scoffs as she walks around to the other side of the salad bar, having snatched the apple out of his hands and placing it back on her tray.