They always listened to Katherine; and he knew they'd never go against her.

He wasn't sure if the Swan girl was actually his mate but she was the closest thing he had come to in all of his life as a vampire and he didn't want to pass it up, he was tired of being the only one in the family without a mate. He wanted love.

He needed it. He needed some warmth in his life, a warmth that he hadn't felt since the day he was bitten. He needed to be touched by a lover, to be held within safe arms.

He found the love of a family, the love of a mother but he needed the love of his life.

Someone to spend an eternity with.

"I cannot wait until we leave school, after this year I'd rather never go back" Katherine sighs as she chucks her book onto the coffee table beside her. She was laid upon the couch with her head in Rosalie's lap and feet upon Kols. Rosalie smiles down at her and presses a kiss to her forehead.

"If you don't go then I'm not going either" Rosalie replies whilst raking a hand through her hair, voice promising which made Esme speak up as she and Carlisle entered the room, Carlisle in his doctors coat ready for work.

Katherine grinna at the doctor making him shake his head, she and Edward always teased him on how the women of Forks were eager to throw themselves at him whilst he was in uniform. Those women acted like they were in heat every time they saw him, it even got Esme surprisingly a little jealous once; although that worked out wonderful in Carlisles favour.

"And that sweetheart is why you have to go to school, to keep up our appearances. If you don't go then Rose and Kol won't go which means Emmet won't go, which then will lead Jasper to not wanting to go out of unfairness, which leaves Alice and Edward who probably wouldn't attend either. Therefore we wouldn't be able to say somewhere for as long as we do" Esme's point had her groaning with a playful roll of her eyes.

"Why can't we just say we are homeschooled?" Katherine ponderes which made Carlisle and Esme look at eachother, they actually hadn't thought of that. It would be much easier especially for Jasper who still struggled with his blood lust.

"We will see what happens the next time we move" Carlisle smiles and walks up to her ruffling her hair, receiving a swat to his hand.

Katherine truly had everyone in the family wrapped around her little finger.

"If your comment has just saved us from goin' to school ever again, darlin' I am forever in your debt an' your wishes will be my command" they all laugh at Jasper as he playfully tips his imaginary hat and bows to Katherine, the girl jumping up from her place on the couch to curtesy back.

"Why thankyou kind sir, I shall let you know when you can repay your debt to me" Katherine says back, her strong British accent coming through as she spoke. Rosalie loved her accent as did most people, for Rosalie it was very attractive and she could listen to it all day, it was like music to her ears; she loved how different Katherines accent was to everyone else's around her. She still sometimes spoke in old English which Rosalie adored although Katherine always tried to learn and evolve to the new terms and slang of today's age, wanting to keep up with the latest trends people of her physical age have adapted.

"Kat, Edward has changed his decision on going to school. Please go up and make him" Alice's bell like voice calls out softly, amber eyes sparkling from over the edge of her magazine.