(44) - The Investigation Continues

AUTHOR's POV

Both Migs and Cathy decided to pay Carissa a visit in the hospital, they're hoping that there's development on her condition, but there's no luck.

Naabutan nila'ng nagkakaroon ng diskusyon ang doktor at si Cassandra sa labas ng ICU, dahilan para magmadali'ng makalapit ang dalawa sa kinaroroonan ng mga ito.

"Doc, you're asking me to give up my sister's life." Cassandra pointed out as she tries to explain to the doctor the reason why she doesn't want to consider mercy killing, "My sister is alive and I know she's fighting for her life! She may be unresponsive but I know she'll live."

The doctor was about to answer Cassandra when Migs intervened.

"Doc, excuse me." he called the doctor's attention, "Ano'ng nangyayari dito?" he asked just to ensure his hunch.

Dr. Ramirez sighed, "Mr. Montinilla, the patient has been unresponsive for a long time now, and the treatment we're giving her is not being accepted by her body. As time goes by, the chances of surviving are decreasing." he explained what he wants to point out, "I know it's very hard for all of you, but it would be better if you all consider finishing her hardship in fighting for her life."

"And you call yourself a doctor?" Migs sarcastically asked Dr. Ramirez.

The doctor thought that Migs would understand what he's trying to imply but he was wrong.

Lumapit si Cathy kay Migs para pakalmahin ito dahil nararamdaman niya'ng uminit ang ulo nito sa sinabi ng doktor sa kanila. Kahit naman siya ay nainis din pero wala namang mare-resolba ang pag-iinit ng ulo.

Migs points at the door of the ICU, "There's a patient inside the ICU who badly needs your help so that she could survive, and yet, here you are, telling us to give her up and to stop fighting for her life. Isn't that ridiculous?" Migs scoffed and shook his head, "Tinatawag niyo'ng doktor ang sarili niyo pero heto kayo ngayon, hinihiling sa'min na kumitil ng buhay. Hindi ba trabaho ng doktor ang gawin ang lahat para mabuhay at gumaling ang isa'ng pasyente?" he asked.

Dr. Ramirez cleares his throat, "Yes, but the patient is not responding to our treatment and it will only prolong the family's agony and will only cost a lot of money."

"Money is not an issue here, Doc." Migs immediately replied, "Hangga't hindi tumitigil ng kusa si Carissa, hindi niyo siya titigilang gamutin, hindi niyo siya titigilang bigyan ng treatment. Si Cassandra ang kapatid niya, ako ang kaibigan niya, kami at ang pamilya niya ang magdedesisyon kung ano ang dapat gawin kay Carissa. Giving her up is not part of our option." 

Hindi na muli'ng sumagot pa ang doktor at sumang-ayon na lang ito sa sinagot sa kanya ni Migs. 

'Nang umalis ang doktor ay lumapit si Cassandra sa kanya'ng Kuya Migs at tuluyan 'nang bumagsak ang mga luha nito. Naiintindihan ni Migs at Catherine ang pinagdadaanan ni Cassandra at alam nila'ng masakit para dito ang makita ang nangyayari sa kanya'ng kapatid na si Carissa.