Hot Chocolate

After finishing up paperwork with the lawyer that grandma had sent, I decided that I needed to talk to someone or else I would exploded from the tension inside of me. The only person that I could think of that wouldn't judge me would be Deniz and that's how I found myself sitting on his couch in the cafe drinking a hot chocolate. 

"Eda not that I'm not happy that you are here. You are very quiet over there, and with what I know about you that's never a good thing." 

I laugh at him and take a drink of my hot chocolate, but now the taste of it has been tainted with the memories of Serkan Bloat. I set my cup down and look at Deniz. 

" Deniz what I am about to tell you, you can't tell anyone. Not even the girls and Hala Afyer. 

"Eda your starting to make me worry. What's going on?"

"I'm leaving Deniz. I will be on plane tomorrow somewhere far away from here."

"What do you mean you are leaving? What about school you are almost done? What about the holding and Serkan? I don't understand."

"Deniz I can finish school anywhere I want now. I have no limits, but if I stay here I will forever be tied down to place where only painful memories are left. And as for Serkan you saw last night, it will never be the same." 

I put my hands together and lean forward getting ready ask him for favor that might make or break my plan. 

"Deniz I need you ask you for something, but I need to know that after you say yes you won't be able to tell anyone about this conversation and I do mean everyone." 

Looking into his eyes when I say this to see what he is thinking. I see the questions in his brain and the apprehension in his eyes but he looks back up at me and nods his head. I let out a sigh and grab his hand in mine.

"Deniz I need you to get me a plane." 

Few Hours Later:

I got out of Deniz's car and walk into Artlife for the last time. Deniz had offered to come to the engagement party with me so that I wouldn't have to go alone. Stepping into Artlife with Deniz by my side turned some heads. I don't think anyone expected me to come tonight. Though I don't think that's the main reason. I was wearing the yellow dress from Serkan and I fake engagement party. Some part of me what was hoping Serkan would remember the dress and I wouldn't have to go through with any of it. 

But walking in and seeing Serkan and Selin in the corner talking with Engin and Peril made those thoughts vanish. I remind myself that in this world you can only count on yourself. I see Ferit, Ceren and Melo walking towards me and Deniz. 

"Eda are you okay? Are you sure you can be here?"

"She's right Dada, it's too painful let's go home. You don't have to be here."

It was nice seeing Melo and Ceren trying to protect me, but there was nothing left to protect. I raise my arms and hug the girls tightly because I know this might be the last one for awhile. I blink away the tears that start to form in my eyes and pull back from the girls.

" Girls I am fine. Plus I will not be here for long, I just came to congratulate the couple and be on my way."

"Dada....."

"Melo it's fine. Deniz please watch them for a moment I need to go the happy couple."