unlocked!(lvl. 2.3)

guys this is so fucking cheesy please don't kill me LOL

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

3 R D P E R S O N P O V

"I can't believe that just fucking happened," Cooper breathes out after him and Y/n rush into the car. Cooper had planned a cute picnic for him and Y/n, buying a bunch of her favorite foods and snacks, only for it to start raining, drenching the two and most of the food they had laid out.

"It's alright, I should've looked at the weather beforehand," Y/n laughs, unbothered by the disturbance. Cooper, on the other hand, felt as though he had ruined their first official date.

"I should've looked at the weather before this, not you," Cooper replies.

"I think this makes it more of a memory," Y/n says smiling, trying to cheer Cooper up and not make him feel terrible about what had happened. "Look, I was able to keep some stuff dry!" Y/n opens her jacket and brings out a container of pre-made sandwiches, dry like she had said.

Cooper chuckled as she sets the container in the center console and opens it, two sandwiches half wrapped in paper, ready to be eaten. They each take one, clinking them together as you would with drinks, before each taking a bite. They sit in silence for a bit, the low hum of the heater in the car being the only sound as they each eat their respective slices.

"It never fucking rains in LA, and out of all days it had to be today," Cooper sighs out. Y/n could tell he's not as beaten up as before, but still a bit upset about the unexpected downfall.

"Maybe it was a sign for something," Y/n suggests.

"A sign for what, though?"

"I don't fucking know," Y/n retorts. "Didn't think that far." Cooper laughs, turning his body to face the girl better - or at least tried to in the driver's seat. He admired her for a bit, watching as she ate contently and looked at the windshield, the raindrops falling and creating a nice atmosphere for the two to spend with one another. Maybe there was a reason for it to rain.

Cooper reached his hand out to pat some water droplets off of Y/n hair and shoulders. Feeling the soft pressure, Y/n turned to see what Cooper was doing. Smiling at the boy, she watched as his eyes slowly met hers and his hand froze. A light blush fell across his cheeks, neck, and the tips of his ears, becoming nervous under her soft gaze.

"You're so handsome, Cooper." Y/n compliments. It was rather dark outside because of the rainfall, but the minimal light that shined through the windshield illuminated Cooper's face in the most mesmerizing way.

Cooper brings his hand up from her shoulder to her cheek, moving his slightly cold thumb across the surface softly. "You're beautiful," He replies, feeling her cheeks warm up in contrast to his fingers. "Y/n..."

"Yes?" Y/n questions as Cooper slowly moves closer, using his hand to gently pull Y/n closer as well.

"You need to stop me before it's too late," Cooper whispers, his eyes shifting back and forth between Y/n's and her slightly agape lips.

"I don't want you to stop," Y/n whispers, both of their faces slowly getting closer to the other, catching on to his motive.

"Please, before I do something you'll regret," Cooper says, their faces mere centimeters from each other.

Y/n felt Cooper's fingers tremble against her cheek; he was really nervous. He didn't want to mess anything up for them. Y/n gently takes Cooper's vacant hand and brings it up to her other cheek, before Cooper gains reassurance and brings Y/n's face completely to his hurriedly, cupping her cheeks and closing his eyes.

He kissed her.

And she kissed back.

They both felt euphoric, their thoughts only consisted of each other and how close they were. Cooper couldn't help but try and be closer to Y/n, moving his body closer to the center as Y/n did the same, afraid the other would disappear any moment.

Pulling away slowly, Cooper opened his eyes, seeing Y/n still with hers closed. He admired her features from up close. Moving his thumb slightly against her cheek again as he smiled, she opened her eyes and stared into his. "I don't regret that, Cooper," Y/n smiles.

"Me neither," He responds, "Can I... kiss you again?"

Y/n smiles before moving forward, attaching their lips once more, her arms moving upwards to wrap themselves around his neck. Smiling into the kiss, Cooper and Y/n's heart rate quickens. Pulling away again, Y/n hums in content. "I've been waiting so long for that," Y/n says.

"You've been waiting so long?" Cooper questions with a smile and he brought his hands away from Y/n's face and runs them both through his hair, leaning back in his seat and closing his eyes. "Do you know how often I've had to restrain myself these last few months so I don't knock on your door and ask to cuddle you? It's like- something I crave all the time. Even sometimes when I'm streaming or skating, I debate if I should just stop and go to you so I can just- just be around you again."

Y/n didn't exactly know what to say, instead, she just stared at Cooper in awe. Cooper didn't express this side of him often. Yes, when they have cuddled in the past, he would be more gentle than he usually was. But right now, this was a side of Cooper that Y/n had never seen before.

"I was so afraid of telling you how I felt. I didn't think you would ever think of me in that way. I didn't want to jeopardize our friendship, yknow?" Y/n admits.

"I get that, I was the same way. I couldn't lose you."

"Well, now you don't have to worry about that," Y/n smiles, taking his hands and clasping them in hers.

"I know, I won't," Cooper says looking up towards the girl, releasing his hands to start the car. "Wanna stay with me tonight?"

"Please?" Y/n answers like a question.

"You're so fucking cute," Cooper says, getting back onto the street and beginning the short commute back to Cooper's apartment.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"Y/n's staying over!" Cooper yells into the house as he enters the doorway, holding Y/n's hand as they make their way back to Cooper's room. Y/n waves hello to Travis and Noah - both were looking at their interlocked hands - before she is pulled down the hallway, giggling.

"Want some not wet clothes to sleep in?" Cooper says, rummaging through his drawers for some clothes for her. Handing her a sweatshirt and a pair of sweatpants, he watches as she disappears into the hallway bathroom. Cooper takes that time to change himself. Normally he would sleep in sweatpants and that's it. When he slept next to Y/n, he would wear a shirt because he didn't want to make her uncomfortable, but today he wore a heavier sweatshirt because of the cold.

Getting under the covers, he waited for Y/n. Walking through the door of Cooper's room, Y/n set her old clothes by the door and shut it, getting into bed with Cooper and scooting closer to him. 

Cooper welcomed her with open arms before reaching over to turn off the bedside table lamp and resting his head atop hers. "Goodnight, Y/n," Cooper says, kissing the top of her head.

"Goodnight, Coopie," Y/n responds, kissing his chest where her face was next to. Cooper chuckled deeply, hugging Y/n tighter before they both fell into sleep peacefully.

With each other.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

LOL HI