unlocked!(lvl 0.1)

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"Do you have to work again tomorrow?" Niki asks as I join vc1 in our private discord server. I had just gotten off of a 10-hour shift right after having school for 5 hours; in other words, I was exhausted.

"Yeah, I work 11 to 5 I'm pretty sure," I answer. As much as I hated working for long periods of time, my college didn't offer on-campus housing for non-scholarship students. Kind of dumb, if you ask me. I really had no choice but to get a job and work as long as I could so I could pay for rent, food for my dog and me, and other necessities.

"I'm sorry. That has to fucking suck," Wilbur chimes in.

"I couldn't agree more," I say, a small chuckle escaping me. "I think I should head out so I don't look like shit for lecture tomorrow."

"Sleep well! Talk to us when you can!" Niki says, Wilbur saying the same after.

"I will, bye guys! Goodnight," I say as I leave the voice channel, go invisible, and close discord for the day. It was already 9 pm and I had class at 8 tomorrow morning. I didn't mind mornings much, it was just the whole process of having to get ready that sucked.

Putting on some more comfortable clothes, I got into bed, set my alarms for the morning, and shut off the lights. I felt Roscoe jump up onto the bed and lay down by my feet. He's never been the most cuddly dog, but, I admire that he is fairly independent in a way.

He is willing to stay home alone for a few hours. I give him water and food of course; it is especially helpful and makes it more bearable to leave in the morning for work or school when he isn't constantly whining at my feet and clawing at my calves, begging me to stay.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

Waking up the next morning, I put on some more presentable clothes, grab some things to eat in between lectures and my work uniform and shove them into my bag, fill Roscoe's food and water bowl, then head out the door.

Walking down my complex stairs, I notice a moving truck in the parking lot of the complex. To my knowledge, the only available apartment in this sector was under mine. I didn't mind it being empty or vacant, I personally didn't have a preference. No one has lived there for a long time, so it will be strange to get used to another person here.

Getting into my car, I start my commute to university. The drive is the same every day, sometimes I would see the same people driving around this time, getting to the places they need to be as well. Luckily, the cafe I work at is close to Uni, so I just park halfway in between and just walk the rest of the way.

Classes are always boring, yeah, I understand I chose to go to college and junior year I chose what classes I wanted to take for my major, but they could at least have some flexibility within their curriculum. Make it interesting, yknow.

The day went by surprisingly quickly, normally it feels like days have gone by with nothing happening, but today was productive. I managed to get my work done so I don't need to worry about it later. Now I just need to get through a 6-hour shift and then I can finally go home.

Unlike school, the cafe was surprisingly very busy. Usually, it is pretty quiet, with only a few customers coming in during my shifts, but today, it seemed like I was waiting a new table every minute. Only a few more hours I thought as I brought food to another table.

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

After what felt like forever, it was finally time for me to clock out. Thankfully, I had tomorrow off, still needing to go into classes, though. But it was Friday, so classes were cut shorter. Getting back into my car, I drive back to my apartment complex. It wasn't as crowded with cars as it was when I left this morning. The moving truck appeared to be gone, just a few boxes littering the outside of the housing under mine.