unlocked!(lvl 0.3)

felt like updating hehe

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

Y / N ' S P O V

This morning has been going well, I woke up easily and headed to work in a good mood. I work an 8 to 10 morning shift, but since it was the weekend, the café is packed. But that didn't bother me too much because as I was waiting a table, the bell on the door rung and I saw three familiar faces walk in.

"Table for three?" My coworker, Alex, at the front desk asks. I've talked to him sometimes, but that's only because he's the only tolerable one who works here. "Right this way."

I watch as he leads the three to a table, notably a table in the section I'm set to serve, and give them their menus. "Good morning boys, what can I get you to drink?"

"Y/n!" Travis says excitedly, causing the other two boys' heads to lift from the menu and give me a smile. "You work here?"

"No, I just like dressing like a waitress and asking what people want, Travis. Yes of course I work here," I say sarcastically.

"It's our first time here and this is already my favorite café," Cooper says, laughing a bit.

"Oh, trust me, there are many better cafe's in the area," I respond lightheartedly. "Just don't tell my manager I said that."

"Lips are sealed," Noah says.

"What can I get you guys to drink?"

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

I clocked out shortly after Noah, Cooper, and Travis left the café, deciding to head to the store before I go home. I make the small commute to the local convenience store and pick up more snacks, quick meals, and drinks before checking out.

Fully expecting to just walk up the stairs to my apartment and relax for the rest of the day, it seemed the universe gave me other plans:

"Hey, Y/n! Wanna hang out for a while? If you're free?" Noah asks, looking up at me from the bottom of the staircase.

I don't mind this new plan of yours, universe

"Sure! Let me put away these groceries and make sure that Roscoe is doing fine then I'll head down," I say with a smile.

"Alright, door'll be unlocked for ya," Noah says, walking back inside his apartment.

After putting away all of the groceries I look around for Roscoe, finding him asleep on my bed. Deciding not to wake him, I put some more food into his bowl and refill his water then lock up the house.

Opening the door of the trio's residence, I see Noah and Cooper in the kitchen while Travis is sitting on the couch playing Animal Crossing on his Switch. They all say hi to me in unison before I sit on the couch next to Travis, watching him catch butterflies on the TV.

"Do you like video games, Y/n?" Travis asks, trying to spark up a small conversation.

"Yeah, but with school and work its been hard to play really anything," I say with a sigh.

"What games have you played?"

I give him a brief and summarized list of games I remember playing. "I know I've played more than that, but obviously the others weren't memorable at all," I say chuckling.

"We've played a few of the same games! Aaaa that's so cool!" Tavis says. Noah and Cooper walk back into the living room and sit on the couch as well, both holding drinks in their hands. "Y'know, you should get back into it and play games with us all some time," Travis suggests.

"I don't know... it's been hard to find time for hobbies," I say sheepishly.

"C'mon! You can be in one of our streams one time!"

"You guys stream?"

"Yeah, we all do," Cooper chimes in, "On twitch."

"Oh swag, what are your guys users? I'll sub right now," I say as I pull my phone out of my pocket.

"Mine is hugboxevil, Cooper is cscoop, and Travis is traves," Noah says.

"Damn, you guys are popular," I say as I see all of their follower counts.

"Don't boost our egos too much, theirs are already pretty big," Travis laughs.

"Maybe I could redownload minecraft..." I suggest under my breath, mostly talking to myself but I guess Travis heard me.

"Yeah! We can create a server and invite all of our friends to it and have you meet them and all play together- oh my GOSH this will be so much fun!" Travis exclaims, fantasizing about the idea.

"Don't get too excited, Trav, she said she doesn't have a lot of time to play games anymore," Cooper says, seeming to pop Travis' bubble.

"I mean, I was gonna take tomorrow to chill since I don't work on Sundays and I dont have school work to do... but I guess I could spare some time to play with you losers," I say jokingly, not actually meaning to hurt their feelings.

"Hey! we are not losers!" Noah objects.

"Yeah, fuck you!" Cooper adds, laughing slightly, breaking his character.

"You wish, loser," I say in retaliation.

"Oh, look who has a big ego now!" Cooper yelps.

"Still you, loser!" I say, laughing. Cooper eyes me down with a serious look, but I can tell he isn't actually effected by what I had told him.

I give the same energy back and eye him down as well,  both silently agreeing to have a staring contest. After a few seconds, I get a bit flustered by the eye contact and feel my cheeks start to heat up, pulling my eyes away from the man and looking back at the TV screen. I hear him chuckle softly as he turns back to the TV as well. *

"Do you want anything to eat or drink, Y/n? I should've asked when you first came in but I was preoccupied with Cooper," Noah asks, looking up from his phone.

"Water would be nice, thank you," I say with a smile, nodding slightly to show my appreciation.

Noah gets up and walks to the kitchen, coming back with a red solo cup full of the clear liquid.

"How old are you, Y/n?"

"I'm 21," I answer, taking a small sip of my water and setting it down on the coffee table.

"Oh nice! You're around the same age as all of us," Travis says.

"How old are you all?" I ask, my curiosity spiking.

"Noah and I are 21 as well and Travis is 20," Cooper explains. I nod in understanding, my head soon jolting up to look at the TV to see Travis' character running from a swarm of wasps.

"AAAAAA NOOOOOHOHOOHOO!"

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

* that was so cheesy LOL im sorry