Chapter 1

Nervousness filled your chest as you entered the ballroom, this wasn't supposed to be how your life would go. You wanted to be home, pursuing your dreams of becoming an artist, not going to a ball to celebrate your newly arranged marriage to the prince of the Vulcan kingdom! While yes, his mother, Queen Amanda, was certainly human, his father, King Sarek, was not. Vulcan's were well known for their emotionless manner and condescending outlook to humans, and you were certain that from what you had heard, Prince Spock would be the same way.

The music played gently as people danced slowly to the waltz, while you knew how to dance, you weren't exactly the best, so you instantly moved yourself to the side and made conversation with some of the guests. Soon enough, a man came behind you and tapped you on the shoulder, spooking you slightly.

"Ah! Zere is no need to be scared, it's just me!" A young russian smiled.

"Oh, Pavel! I didn't expect to see you here!" You smiled. You have known Pavel Chekov for quite a few years now, as his father was chief of security at your kingdom and Chekov went to follow in his footsteps only to be put in the Vulcan kingdom for training approximately two years ago.

"Vell vhy vouldn't I be! It iz only ze celebration of my best fwiend's upcoming vedding!" He chuckled, you chuckled awkwardly along and his face instantly changed to concern. "Iz zere something vong?"

"Well... I-I don't actually WANT to get married right now, I'm glad we waited till I was 18- and I knew that I would be in an arranged marriage, but- I don't know. I guess I'm just scared that he'll be like other Vulcans..." You vented as your friend nodded along.

"If it helps, I can confirm zat he iz better zan ozer wulcans and should treat you kindly. Falling in love vith him however, iz anozer story." He tried to comfort. You nodded but before you could say anything, someone spoke up from behind you.

"Excuse me, but are you Princess (y/n)?" A deep, stoic voice asked from behind. You turned around to find a tall, lean man with pointed ears and eyebrows that went down to his dark, chocolate brown eyes that had a sort of puppy-dog look to them. His hair was a deep brown that edged into black that shined in the light of the room. He had chiseled cheeks, and a long face and nose. All of these features together made him extremely handsome according to your tastes.

"Yes, and may I assume that you're Prince Spock?" You questioned.

"Yes you may, I didn't think that was something I had to give permission for you to do." He replied, making you laugh slightly. Chekov, gave a slight wave goodbye and left.

"So, what brings you to this side of the ball room?" You smirk.

"Since you are my betrothed and this is a ball, I figured that it would be fitting for me to ask you for a dance. Would you like to?" He answered, holding out his hand.

"That would be most fitting." You answered, taking his hand and the offer. He then moved you out to the dance floor, a loud waltz played out through the room and the crowd of guests moved out of the way so that the two of you could be in the center, you averted your eyes down to the ground as you felt everyone's gaze against you, making your heart beat loudly inside your chest and your head grow loud with anxiety.

"Is everything alright, Princess?" Spock asked calmly. You gulped and looked up into his eyes that were filled with worry, you braved a smile and spoke up.

"Um-y-yeah. I just don't do well with crowds and everyone watching us." You confessed. His eyes softened with understanding yet he kept his stoic manner.

"I see, after this dance, would you like to spend time elsewhere?"

"Are you sure that is wise? This is a ball for us, after all."

"We only have to dance once at the beginning and come back for the closing ceremony. Any time in between, no one, except for perhaps our parents, will notice that we will be elsewhere." He explained.

"Then I will gladly go with you, sir." You smiled softly.

"Then let us continue." He ended. The two of you continued to dance, and any time your eyes drifted away from him and to the crowd, he would motion you to look back at him, it was as if he knew that if you looked elsewhere, your anxiety would begin to grow more. "Look at me and listen to the music, princess, the people do not matter." He would whisper to you. Maybe Vulcan's weren't as condescending and as stuck-up as you thought.