Chapter 1

La da da da da da da da

Armanda🦋 January 11,1986

Armanda🦋
January 11,1986

"Armanda! Coco get up!" My momma banged on the doors of our bedrooms. "You guys have shoots at 10!"

I groaned and looked at the time. 7:07am. I rolled out of bed and walked to the bathroom hopefully beating Coco. She takes forever in there. Coco is my older sister, we're a year apart. We share the same birthday. On her 1st birthday she was irritating our mom, Celia causing her to go into labor early.

"Shit" I heard Coco mumbled. I looked at her and giggled. "Don't take long"

"Don't tell me what to do" I said closing the door.

I brushed my teeth, then got in the shower. About fifteen minutes later I got out. I quickly flat ironed my hair almost burning myself then walked out in my purple towel back to my room.

"Damn Armanda use all the hot water" Coco complained. I shook my head putting on my outfit.

I grabbed my dad's watch and put it on

I grabbed my dad's watch and put it on. He passed away when I was 7. I looked in the mirror then smiled. He would be so proud of me and Coco.

We weren't rich but we wasn't poor. We had money but not a lot. We just started modeling in October 1985, just 3 months ago. We've gotten good exposure from a good friend of mine Michael Jackson. I knew him since I was 10. It was weird because when I was 10 he was 20. He was really sweet one of my best friends. Also he was very funny.

I walked into the kitchen seeing my mom prepared breakfast. Her famous grits and eggs with sausages. My favorite, my daddy use to love waking up each morning eating her breakfast. Ever since he died she doesn't make it often. It only brings back memories.

"Coco already ate while you were in the shower" My mom said washing the dishes.

I knew Coco wouldn't take long in the shower so I ate fast then washed my dishes afterwards. Soon she was done and ready, then we got into the car and left for the shoot.

"Armanda you look stunning" The photographer smiled. She kissed my cheek and showed me to wardrobe.

Coco was in the other room getting ready. They never let us take pictures in the same room after one time we started laughing while the photographers as trying to take pictures. We couldn't help it, Michael was making faces behind the camera

"I can't do that this week I'll be doing a press conference in France" I heard someone say walking into the room. The sound of heels clicked the floor.

"Mr.Nelson you're early. You weren't suppose to be here until 12" My photographer Joan said. She stopped taking my pictures. The man was behind the curtain so I couldn't see him.

"Am I messing up your work?" He questioned.

"No it's just Armanda has a short attention span and she might get distracted" Joan laughed. I gasped and pretended to be hurt.

"Who?" He asked. He came around the curtain and looked at us. My heart dropped down to my feet once I saw who it is. My celebrity crush. Prince Rogers Nelson. He looked at me and smirked then walked out of my view.

He was much more sexier in person

He was much more sexier in person. My world stopped. Prince looked at me, just a couple of seconds ago. I couldn't believe.

"Armanda!" Joan called pulling me out my thought. "Listen I know your mesmerized but focus . Gush over Prince late"

I laughed and started posting again. A couple of hours passed and the photoshoot was over. Coco was in snack area with my mom. I had to pee so I ran to find the bathroom. On the way I bumped into someone and landed on my ass.

"Ouch" I pouted. I looked up and saw this tall big, white guy with white hair. He looked scary. "I'm sorry"

"It's fine" He helped me up.

"Thank you Mr." I smiled.

"Big Chick, but call me Charles" He smiled back.

I loved when big scary guys were nice. It was cute to me. You would expect big guys to be scary and mean.

"Well, well, well" i heard from behind me. I turned around and saw Prince again. My heart dropped again and I froze. "Ms.Kings"

He grabbed my hand and kissed the back of my hand. I was literally about to melt. I was getting hot.

"Mr.Nel-"I started but he cut me off.

"Don't even finish that sentence. Call me Prince" He smiled. "Mr.Nelson is my father and he's old and baby I'm not old" he winked. I let out a nervous giggle remembering that I had to pee.

"Well it was nice meeting you. Mr.Prince but I have to go" I said walking away but he grabbed my hand putting something in it.

"Here are so tickets and backstage passes to my concert tonight. You should come" He smiled showing off his bunny teeth.

"I'll see" I smirked then disappeared to the bathroom. I did what I came for then washed my hands.

I walked back out to my family and handed them the tickets.

"Where did you get these from?" My mom asked.

"He gave them to me" I shrugged

"Shut up! You're telling me you saw Prince?" Coco asked, she sounded excited.

"Yea, I saw him on the way to the bathroom I ran into his bodyguard then he showed up giving me tickets. I actually saw him earlier he almost distracted me from my shoot" I giggled.

"We're going right?" Coco questioned.

"Duh those are free Prince tickets and backstage passes! Of course we're going" I cheered.

"You girls have fun I'm going out with Whitney tonight" My mom said.

My mind traveled off to later tonight. What was I going to wear? How would I do my hair? I was excited.