Affection

Scottie walked out of the ruins feeling very confused on what Fitora said to him. He knows that he was sent to this world...

But it was unintentional...?

Scottie: I knew it...I was never supposed to be here in the first place...but what does she mean by it was unintentional...? Didn't those assholes back at the castle summoned me on purpose...? Or is there more to this summoning heroes business that meets the eye?

This is one mystery that is now shrouded in fog. But it still had some clear holes...He needed to know why he was brought here besides being the Gun Hero.

But for now, he decided to go check up on his teammates. He saw Lock nearby watching the moon.

Scottie: Enjoying the scenery?

Lock: Oh?! Sir Scottie! Yeah...The scenery is nice...

Scottie: Mm-Hmm.

The gun hero sat next to the wolf boy as the two looked up at the moon in silence.

It felt great...despite the eventful days they been going through for a while. It's been a while since any of them had a decent conversation.

Lock: Hey...Sir Scottie...

Scottie: Yeah...?

Lock: What to know why I look at the moon sometimes.

Scottie wanted to joke about it because of how wolves like to howl at the moon. Although Lock did it a few days back after they rescued Rino and so many other girls. But he decided to listen to whatever Lock had to say.

Lock: The reason why is because when I was younger. Me and my parents would watch the scenery together. The presence of the moon makes us feel nocturnal.

Scottie: Oh really?

Lock: Yeah...the three of us together would have a small picnic and stare at the moon for a few minutes enjoying the blowing wind and peaceful wonders of nature.

Scottie: A picnic at night? You're parents are pretty strange...

Lock: Hey! They're not! You're strange!

Scottie: I ain't strange, wolf cunt. You're the strange one!

After a few jabs, both boys begin to laugh a little. Their laughter soon startled some of the Filolials who stared at them in confusion wondering why they were laughing.

Scottie ignored them and looked back at Lock who stopped laughing.

Lock: I really do miss them...So many what ifs had filled my mind once they saw them both dead in front of me. What if I was able to save Dad from the Knights? What if I was able save Mom from her horrible fate...? What if I went back to that horrid place and stopped all of it before...if only I was able too...But I was too weak...

Scottie: Lock...

Lock: But...thanks to you. You made me strong. You helped me. We were able to save some demi-humans from that place and there are so many others who are still enslaved and suffering...which is why I won't give up. You gave me courage. So I'm going to do the same for my people.

Scottie smiled and patted Lock's head.

Lock: S-Sir Scottie! I'm not a kid!

The gun hero ignored him and laughed.

Scottie: You sure have grown up, Lock. Let's continue to protect each other through the waves.

Lock: Alright~!

{Lock's affection has risen}

After his small talk with Lock, he went over to Alyssa and Hazel. Both girls were chatting among themselves. Scottie was glad they were at least getting along on their travels.