Return To Lute Village

Scottie: Ya gotta be kidding me...

Once Scottie and his teammates rode Nessie all the way back to Lute Village. It shows that they were already too late.

Princess Malty (That fucking BITCH) and her guard dog, Motoyasu, were there.

Alyssa: What is she up too now?

Hazel: I don't know, something bad...

Lock:.....

But they weren't the only ones there, Naofumi and Raphtalia were here as well. Scottie told Nessie to shrink into her small form and she did. The dragon hopped into his shoulder as the Gun Hero made his way into the crowd.

Scottie: Naofumi...

Naofumi heard his name and saw Scottie. He hasn't seen the other male hero since the incident back at the castle.

Naofumi: Hey.....

Scottie: Hiya....Ya doing alright?

The Gun Hero never got the chance to console Naofumi regarding what happened earlier but he assured himself he'll be fine as long as he got Raphtalia with him.

Better to trust her than anyone else.

Naofumi: *Growls* I would be fine if she wasn't here!

Scottie: That makes two of us...

The two heroes looked up at Malty wondering what damn scheme is this bitch was trying to pull now?!

Malty: Attention villagers of Lute Village!

Malty's voice had rang out loud enough for everyone to hear. Once she gets everyone's attention. In her hand, she held an open scroll.

Malty: The Spear Hero is here on official business on behalf of the King. In light of his heroic efforts in defeating the Chimera during the last Wave, Motoyasu-sama has been appointed ruling Lord of this region!

Scottie: Da fuck...?

Naofumi: Seriously....?

Raphtalia: No...Just...No...

The villager's mutterings grew louder, confused at the strange announcement.

Hazel: Lord? The idiot can barely use his brain if he can't go through a day without flirting with every girl he sees.

Alyssa: I have heard that any village always has an idiot. I'm guessing Sir Motoyasu fits the bill.

Lock: An idiot in charge would lead a village into ruins...

Nessie: Chiiirp...

Both Scottie and Naofumi's gaze fell on Motoyasu.

The man looked smug; his smile was that of someone who thought he was better than anyone.

Scottie: Ugh. Stupid Ponytail Bitch. Damn Jackass.

Naofumi almost laughed at Scottie's insults towards the Spear Hero. Almost. Though he can't blame him. He didn't like Motoyasu either.

Malty: Now! To help the rebuilding efforts the Wave has caused, We decided to levy a toll. This toll will be 50 silver coins to enter the village and 50 to exit!

Everyone's eyes went wide.

Wait...What?

Alyssa: Is she kidding me?! That is too much for such a small village such as this!

Lock: *Growls* Grrr...She's taking advantage of them.

His eyes had a sharp glint with a small fury to them.