47

Vel woke up in the morning and immediately had a huge smile on her face. She got out of bed and tip toed downstairs to Damon and Rosemary's room. She opened the door and saw that they were still sound asleep.

"Guys wake up!" She said loudly and jumped onto the bed. "Wake up wake up wake up."

"Vel, go back to sleep," Rosemary groaned and flipped over.

"I can't," she pouted. She laid on top of Rosemary and leaned in her ear. "It's Christmas," she whispered. When neither two moved Vel furrowed her eyebrows. "WAKE UP!"

"My god, OKAY!" Damon said back and sat up. Vel gave him a big hug and they looked over at a still sleeping Rosemary. "She's ticklish on her sides," Damon whispered to Vel. She had a mischievous look on her face and crawled over to Rosemary. The second her little hands connected with Rosemary's sides she was awake.

"Okay I'm up. I'm up!" She said and laughed a bit while trying to get Vel off her. She was on laying on her stomach so it was a bit difficult. Vel laughed hysterically and rolled off of Rosemary.

"Merry Christmas cara mia," Damon said and leaned over giving her a kiss.

"Merry Christmas," she smiled back and sat up. She got out of bed and went to change but Vel grabbed her hand.

"We always open presents in our pajamas," she said and Rosemary nodded.

"Just let me use the bathroom," Rosemary laughed and walked over. When she was finished and brushed her teeth she walked out but they were already gone. She went to the living room and saw Damon on the couch and Vel on the ground.

"Rosemary first. This is from me," Vel said and walked a bag over to her.

"Aren't you supposed to go first?" She asked and Vel shook her head.

"She takes best for last very seriously," Damon said and they both laughed. Rosemary looked inside the bag and smiled.

"You know me so well," she joked while pulling out the coffee and mug. "Thank you Vel," she said and the girl giggled a bit. Damon put his arm around Rosemary and she leaned into him with her legs curled up next to her.

"This one's from me," Damon said and handed her a small package. Inside was a green box and Rosemary smiled. She opened it and gawked at the watch inside. It was silver with what looked to be diamonds around it. It was pretty simple for the most part though.

"Thank you," she turned to him and gave him a big kiss. "Vel, can you grab that gift right there. It's for Damon," she said and Vel handed it to her dad. He took it and chuckled when he opened it.

"I guess we had the same idea," he said looking at the Rolex. "Thanks Ace," he said and kissed her. "Alright Vel, your turn."

Vel had gotten some art supplies, clothes, and some other little things to busy herself with. Rosemary got up and walked to the kitchen to make everyone breakfast. She made scrambled eggs, toast, sausage, and bacon. The other two came quickly in at the smell of food. Damon wrapped his arms around Rosemary from behind and grabbed a piece of bacon.

"Can we go surfing today?" Vel asked and sat at the table.

"I'm down for that," Rosemary said and set three plates on the table. She walked back and set juice for Vel and coffee for her and Damon.

"We'll go then," Damon said and everyone smiled. They ate their food while talking and laughing with each other. Vel had gone to get ready while the adults cleaned up.

"This is great," Rosemary said turning to Damon once she finished the dishes.

"Good. I love you," he said and hugged her.