40

"Don't leave me," Damon groaned while holding onto Rosemary, his head laying on her chest.

"It's only for a week," she said chuckling a bit while playing with his hair.

"And we've never been apart for more than 24 hours," he said, "I don't even think we've been apart that long."

"I'll call everyday," she told him. There was a nine hour time difference but it would still be easy to talk.

"I have a birthday present for you since I won't see you on your birthday," he said and reached into the dresser drawer. He pulled at the small box and Rosemary's eyes widened. "It's not that," he laughed and she relaxed.

"You didn't have to get me anything," she said sitting up cross legged. He winked at her before flipping the box open.

"It's a promise ring," he said and she looked at it in awe. "Because I promise to love you," he kissed her cheek, "cherish you," he kissed the other, "and replace it one day," he said kissing her lips. She smiled into the kiss and wrapped her arms around him. She was a bit giddy and butterflies in her stomach were going insane. He took the ring out and slid it on her left ring finger.

"It's so pretty. Thank you," she said and tackled him in a hug on the bed. He laughed and wrapped his arms around her. She grabbed his face and peppered kisses all over it. "I'm still leaving though."

"Damnit," he said and she laughed kissing him again. The truth was that Damon needed her to leave but he wanted to keep her happy. He wanted to give her as many things to remember him by in case he didn't make it out. He knew he would fight his hardest to get back to her and Vel but sometimes that wasn't even enough.

"I love you," she said and he gave her a small smile but his face turned serious before he kissed her. There was no tongue but just his lips pressed against her. His eyebrows furrowed as his lips slowly started moving against hers.

"I love you," he whispered before flipping them over and kissing her more passionately. He reached behind and unclasped her bra before tossing it across the room. He quickly took off his boxers while she took off her panties. He lowered himself back down on her and kissed her lips while slowly pushing into her. She moaned into the kiss while gripping onto his shoulders.

"Oh Damon," she whispered and he kissed her again. His forearms rested on either side of her head as he moved slowly in and out of her. She closed her eyes and tilted her head back. Damon took the opportunity and kissed her neck. Her hands gripped the sheets and Damon slid his hands over hers interlocking their fingers. He flipped them over and sat up so she was straddling his lap. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him but it broke when they were both getting close to their highs. Rosemary's head tilted back in pleasure and Damon gripped her hips. She finished first and he was right after.

"I love you so much," he said and kissed her. She was out of breath but kissed him back. He pulled her off of him and laid back down on the bed.

"I love you too," she said and they went back to kissing. For a while it was just them making out and pressing their bare bodies against each other. He pulled away and laid down next to her. She turned and brought her hand to his face. Her fingers softly caressed his skin while he looked at her. He looked into her green eyes and smiled while grabbing her hand. He softly kissed her finger tips and hand.

"You're so beautiful," he said and kissed her again. "Beautiful, gorgeous, stunning, breath taking. Not enough words to describe it," he said quietly and she blushed. He chuckled and pulled her into him. He needed to make sure she knew how much he loved her and cared for her before she left. It was the point of the tattoo, the ring, the necklace, all of it. All of his words and gestures. It was all because when she got on that plane it could be their last goodbye.