35

Rosemary grumbled when she heard loud pounding coming from her front door. She sat up in bed and looked over to see Damon sound asleep. She scowled and tossed the pillow at his face while getting up out of bed. He groaned and flipped over to bury his face in the pillow.

"I'm coming!" Rosemary yelled when the knocking didn't stop. She jogged to the door and opened it, automatically scowling at the knocker. "Who are you?"

"Your neighbor," the lady said while crossing her arms. Rosemary raised an eyebrow and shook her head.

"Okay?"

"Do you think you could maybe keep your sexual activity to a minimum late at night? I'm trying to do my meditation and your pounding and screaming is a bit interrupting," she said and Rosemary raised her eyebrows at the lady.

"I'll take that into consideration," Rosemary said and went to close the door but the lady pushed it back open, and even stepped into her apartment.

"If it doesn't stop I will call the landlord," she said and Rosemary narrowed her eyes.

"Get the hell out," Rosemary said shaking her head. The lady scoffed and walked out. She swung the door shut before turning on her heals. "I need a new place."

"Move in with me," Damon said and she looked towards him. She was speaking more to herself since she thought he was still asleep.

"No," she said and crawled back into bed. She was still scared about being in a relationship. Living together was just a step she wasn't ready for.

"Why not?"

"I'm not ready for that yet. It's still early," she said honestly and crossed her legs.

"We basically live together already," he said and she shook her head.

"You could leave if you wanted to and have a place to go. Move in together and there's no leaving. It's a big commitment," she said while twirling her thumbs in her lap.

"Well I'm ready when you are Ace. I own a few apartment buildings not that far. We can look at them today if you want," he said sitting up and running a hand through his hair. "A couple penthouses."

"I can't afford a penthouse," she said looking at him.

"You have millions," he said and she shrugged.

"I'm saving it. It's pointless for me to spend so much on a place to live," she said and he chuckled.

"You wouldn't spend a dime," he said and she huffed.

"Damon Ricci you are not giving me a place to live," she said and he laughed while laying his head in her lap.

"Yes I am. Plus, we can have all the sex we want and no crazy ladies barging in," he said and she looked down while running her fingers through his hair.

"Is this your way of keeping an eye on me?" She teased and he laughed.

"It's my way of making sure my girlfriend is taken care of," he said while kissing her hand. She smiled and leaned down kissing him.

"You know, you sort of saved me and I don't mean the literal part. I mean you pulled me out of a rut. I was all dark and twisty," she said and he chuckled while wrapping his arms around her torso. His head was resting on her thigh.

"What are you saying Ace?" He asked and peered up at her.

"Thank you," she said and he smiled while hugging her tighter. "You're such a softie."

"I am not. I'm a manly man," he said and lifted his head scowling at her.

"Okay softie," she said and he pushed her back on the bed while looking down at her.