8

"Ms. Shadow, to what do I owe the pleasure?" he asked while tapping a pen on his desk.

"I'm in a bit of a sticky situation. I need some place to stay while this blows over. I trust after what happened when I worked for you, you will be willing," she said sternly into the phone. She had to be vague since she was talking in public.

"Ah, of course. Ricci I'm assuming," he said and Rosemary raised her eyebrows.

"Yes, he captured me and I ran but they are after me. Do you have any men around the Hills?" She asked him.

"I do, where are you?" He asked and she looked around.

"Hey where am I?" She asked the clerk, "Corner of Beverwil and Olympic."

"I'm sending a man over now and you will fly with him to New York. No more unpaid favors after this," he said and Rosemary huffed.

"Yea yea. I owe you," she said and the man chuckled. He liked how she wasn't scared of him. It was amusing to him.

"Try not to die. It'll be a couple minutes," he said and she rolled her eyes.

"Thanks," she said and hung up. She turned to the clerk and he was looking at her. "Do I look like I have any money on me?"

"Guess not," he said while smacking his bubble gum. Rosemary stared at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Teenagers," she mumbled shaking her head and walking away. She saw a black car pull up and she hid by the window. She saw Damon got out and cursed. "Hey kid, you like action movies?"

"Hell yea!" He said nodding his head.

"Cool, you're in one. Those men are trying to kill me. Don't tell them I'm here and I'll give you whatever you want. This is serious," she said while hopping the counter and squatting down.

"Awesome," he said.

"Act natural idiot," she whispered yelled and he jumped before picking the comic back up. She looked around to make sure they couldn't see her before she heard the door ding. She grabbed the gun and held it roughly in both hands.

"Hey dude, have you seen a girl run in here? About 5'6, brunette, nice ass," Jay said and Rosemary's jaw dropped a bit.

"No, it's been slow today," the kid said while reading his book. "You can check the bathrooms though."

"Alright thanks," he said and the door dinged. The phone rang and the kid picked it up.

"They're outside and the car for you is out the door and to the right," the kid whispered down the her.

"Thanks. What's your name?"

"You know that was cool enough. I don't want my name involved in whatever this is," he said nervously.

"Smart idea," Rosemary said. She got up and quickly hopped over the counter and sprinted out the door. She managed to get in the back of the SUV without anyone shooting at her.

"Are you Leigh Reese?" The man asked.

"Yes now drive," she said and he took off down the road.

"Boss, she was here. Look at the handle of the bathroom," Jay said while showing the blood. They heard screeching tires and turned around.

"Guess she called one of her connections," Luca said as the watched.

"She doesn't have a phone," Damon said.

"She could have borrowed anyone's," Jay told him and they walked back to the car. "Who do you think she called?"

"Someone quick considering they got here in a few minutes," Damon grumbled while getting back in the car. He was trying to think of someone who may be able to help her with out question.