31

"Choose," she heard and opened her eyes. She saw a blindfolded Damon and Vince kneeling on the ground in front of her. Colombo was pacing behind them.

"Pick," he said again and she scowled trying to move. She looked down to see she was tied to the chair again. She struggled against it but it did no use.

"PICK!" He yelled and she flinched from his voice. She looked down and cried. She knew her choice should be obvious but she didn't want either of them to die at her hands.

"I can't," she said and Colombo clicked his tongue.

"Pick one or they both die," he said and the men held up guns to their heads. She cried and struggled more. "3, 2-"

"Damon! I choose Damon," she said still struggling. The rope digging into their wrists and ankles.

"Wrong answer," he said and the guns went off shooting both men. She screamed and the chair fell over.

"Rosemary! Wake up!" Damon said and she shot up. Sweat coated her entire body and tears were streaming down her face.

"You were-they were- I couldn't," she sobbed and he shushed her while pulling the girl into his arms.

"It was just a bad dream. Just a dream, okay? None of it was real," he said while rubbing her back. He had been sleeping on the couch when he heard her start whimpering. "Just a dream," he said while rocking them back and forth.

"It felt so real," she said pulling away from him and wiping her cheeks.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"You and Vince had guns to your head. He told me to choose and when I did you both died anyway," she said and another tear fell. Damon reached forward and wiped it away. He was curious who she chose but knew not to ask. "It was you," she cried knowing what he was thinking. "I chose you," she whispered and Damon just pulled her into him again.

"I would choose you too Ace," he whispered and she looked up at him. They both searched each other's eyes for something. Neither was sure what they were looking for. He put a hand on her cheek and caressed her cheek with his thumb. He leaned forward and kissed away one of the tears on her cheek. He kissed away the tears on her other cheek before tilting his head up and pressing a long kiss on her forehead. Rosemary closed her eyes at the feeling. He pulled back and rested his forehead against hers. "Try and sleep, okay?" He said and went to get up but she grabbed his wrist.

"Stay," she said and he stared at her. She let go of his wrist and cowered back thinking she made too much of a bold move. It wasn't until he pulled back the blanket that she looked back up.

"Come here," he whispered and opened his one arm. She moved and laid down next to him. He pulled her body closer to his and her head laid on his bare chest. "I'll always stay," he whispered and kissed her head.

He was a bit taken back by her request but it warmed him. He liked to know that she trusted him enough to hold her. That's what he did. He held her in his arms and would until she told him otherwise. He wouldn't be able to make her nightmares go away but he would be there to wake her up. He would be there to comfort her and tell her they aren't real. He would be there until she turned him away.

In the morning, Damon woke up first and felt Rosemary on his chest. He looked down and saw her mouth slightly part and her hair was all messy. He smiled and brushed her hair back away from her face. He huffed and leaned back down into the bed. He couldn't wake her up by getting up. He looked to the side and picked up the book on her stand.