44

Four months later

"Hey Ace," Damon said while walking into the gym. She stopped hitting the punching bag and turned to face him.

"Hey babe," she said and he leaned down pressing a kiss on her lips. "How's your shoulder feeling?"

"Better. Doc says I need to keep working it. Apparently getting stabbed and shot in the shoulder multiple times is a bad thing," he said while walking over to the weights.

"At least I alternated every time it was me," she said and he laughed sitting on the bench.

"Spot me?" He asked and she nodded walking over there. "Vel wants you to come on our Christmas trip," he said while laying back on the bench.

"Isn't that your guys' thing?" Rosemary asked while keeping her hands by the bar as he started doing reps.

"Technically, but you're part of this family too," He told her and she smiled.

"Well I guess I can go. I don't have anything else to do," she said and Damon chuckled while putting the bar back. He did light weights with a lot of reps since he was just working his shoulder.

"Good because I wasn't taking no for an answer," he said and she bent over pecking his lips. He sat up and turned around grabbing her waist. "My god, your abs are solid," he said and poked her stomach.

"Well I'm not working so I just work out," she shrugged.

"You do other things," he said and she raised an eyebrow.

"Like drink coffee and say bad words," she said and he laughed.

"Do you want to work again?" He asked and she shrugged.

"I like this," she put her wrapped hands out, "I like fighting. I never liked killing people. I don't really need money, so I guess I don't really have a reason to do it. I just feel so, I don't know."

"Like something's missing?" He asked and she nodded. "You devoted your life to the job. It makes sense to feel weird with out it. Plus, being a mafia wife isn't such a bad thing," he said winking at her.

"I'm not your wife," she said matter of factly.

"Not yet Ace. One day though," he said and she shook her head going back to the bag. He came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "You wear that promise ring for a reason," he whispered in her ear. She shivered under his touch and he chuckled while going to wrap his hands.

"Do you want to watch a movie tonight?" She asked him and he smiled.

"Of course I do. We have yet to finish Harry Potter," he said and she laughed walking over to him. She saw he was struggling a bit with his wraps so she helped him.

"I still can't believe you never watched them," she said shaking her head.

"I read them," he defended and she chuckled. "Spar?"

"Not with your shoulder. Use the bag," she said and he pouted.

"You're no fun," he said and she laughed while lightly kicking her bag. "That was pathetic."

"I wasn't trying! Just hit your bag," she waved him off and kicked the bag harder this time. Damon smirked before hitting his own. Rosemary walked away for a second to turn up the music.

"Turn this girly music off," Damon said and she smiled shaking her head.

"Don't act like you forgot. Bitch better have my money," she sang while walking back to her bag while dancing a bit. Damon laughed and shook his head. He turned back and started doing combinations on the bag. Rosemary danced while punching and kicking hers.