Chapter 21

Once the school day was done AJ began to make her way out to the parking lot. She stopped in her tracks when she saw all of the Cobra Kai's surrounding her car. AJ made eye contact with Sawyer who was laughing with Hawk.

Sawyer just smirked and gave her a sarcastic wave. AJ scoffed and walked back into the school not wanting to get into a fight.

She felt tears start to form in her eyes as she held her hand in a tight fist. AJ didn't want to cry in the middle of the hallway. She pushed open the door of the bathroom and saw that it was empty. AJ held onto the sink as she bowed her head feeling the tears start to fall.

"AJ?" A tiny voice spoke up as Sam stepped out of one of the stalls.

AJ jumped and let out a tiny scream as she quickly wiped her eyes.

"Are you okay?" Sam asked her as she washed her hands.

AJ nodded and scoffed "I'm fine princess"

Sam gave her a look "I know we aren't friends but you seem really upset so can you just drop it?"

"I'm sorry" AJ apologized as she ran a hand through her hair "But I'm fine Sam really"

Sam raised an eyebrow as the girl in front of her choked back a sob.

"No you aren't" Sam said softly "What happened?"

AJ bit her lip debating on whether or not she should tell her. Sam and her weren't even close to be becoming friends but now that she was friends with Miguel she should at least try and be civil with Sam.

"Well first Hawk and I broke up and it was really bad! Oh and you know the new girl?" AJ asked Sam who nodded "Well, we both used to be friends"

Sam listened to AJ talk and felt pity for the girl. No wonder she did everything that she did. Sam realized that AJ wasn't that bad of a person and someone that she could potentially be friends with her.

"She is the main reason why I joined Cobra Kai. I needed to prove that I wasn't weak to her and to everyone. But I just wanted to say I'm sorry Sam" AJ cried as she finished up the story "I just wanted friends and I shouldn't have followed along with everything the Cobra Kai's did. I'm so sorry for all the pain I may have caused you or anything like that."

"I'm sorry too AJ" Sam apologized "I was a bitch to you when we first met and I'm so sorry"

Both girls stared at each other, one with tear streaks down their face and one with tears slowly forming. AJ giggled before Sam followed in suit.

"Would it be weird if we hugged?" Sam asked her laughing.

"Not the weirdest thing I've done" AJ laughed as she pulled Sam into a hug.

"Want to know something? When we first met I was afraid of you because you looked so intimidating" Sam told her as they stepped away from each other.

AJ laughed as she fixed her makeup "Really?"

"Yeah, you're really pretty and look like you can easily beat someone up" Sam said "You look even more intimidating with the nose piercing but it looks super cool."