Chapter 26

In the morning AJ woke up with a pounding headache, both from her dinner with her grandma and the alcohol that she snuck last night. After her grandma had noticed the nose ring she got a long lecture about piercings and looking unpresentable.

So, on her way home she went to the mini-mart (that was unfortunately next to Cobra Kai) and stole a few mini bottles of alcohol. It wasn't her smartest move but AJ was already angry with everything that she didn't care. Luckily, she had multiple hiding spots in her room where no one could find them.

She walked to the bathroom and cringed a little remembering what had happened last night.

AJ was leaning forward on the railing watching the road. When she looked up at Hawks house she made eye contact with him through his window once again. She rolled her eyes before drinking the entire mini bottle. AJ held her middle finger up to him for a moment before walking back into her room.

AJ was brought back to the present when she felt her phone buzz.

Aunt Ali
Hey kiddo so I'm meeting up with Johnny later at your work, just a heads up

AJ
Like a date?

Aunt Ali
Definitely not like a date

AJ laughed softly and rolled her eyes as she started to get ready for her shift. She hoped that it would go well for both her aunt and her sensei.

AJ changed into her work clothes before tying her hair up once again. She looked at the time and realized that she only had 15 minutes left. She ran down the stairs and gave her parents a quick goodbye before rushing out to her car.

She quickly drove to her work where Yasmine was waiting for her with food.

"You owe me" Yasmine grinned at her as AJ walked up to her.

"Yeah, I know" AJ smiled "Maybe you can go to the next dinner at my grandparents house"

Yasmine immediately shook her head "No way, I love you but not that much"

AJ laughed softly "Fair enough"

"So, how are you feeling?" Yasmine asked her softly "Did you throw up last night?"

"No, thankfully, I just have a headache" AJ told her as she grabbed her pen testing it out on the notepad in her hand.

Yasmine nodded "Well next time you get drunk, invite me"

"Deal" The two girl shook hands before getting to work.

Around 40 minutes later Johnny walked into the restaurant.

"Hey, Sensei" AJ laughed as he sat down.

"You work here?" Johnny asked as he looked up at her.

AJ nodded "I do, and you are meeting up with my aunt"

Johnny nodded looking around nervously.

"Just take a deep breath and relax, everything will be fine" AJ assured him before going off to take someone's order.

The person she got stuck taking the order from had one of the more extravagant orders. AJ had to force herself not to roll her eyes while she wrote it all down. She gave the man a smile before starting to walk away.

As she moved past Johnny she bent down and whispered "Okay, seriously you need to breath because if you pass out I can promise you that no one here knows CPR."