Alternate Ending

"Aubrey wait!" Hawk stopped the girl by grabbing her wrist.

"What Eli?" AJ snapped as she looked up at the boy in front of her exhausted, "Did you not hear what I just said?"

"No I did" Hawk shook his head a little, "I just want to ask you something"

AJ was tempted to punch the boy in the face and make a run for it. But, she wanted to hear what he had to ask her.

"Stay with me tonight?" He asked softly, "Just one last time, please"

"And by stay you don't mean..." AJ trailed off as she listened to his words.

"Just lay with me and sleep. Nothing else" Hawk told her.

AJ bit her lip thinking about it. She wanted nothing more than to run into his arms and spend the night with him. But, AJ didn't want to fall for him even more than she had, knowing it would only lead to more pain. She looked into his eyes and saw how destroyed he already was.

"Okay" AJ whispered softly, "I'll stay"

Hawk smiled a little as he walked her over to his bed.

"You should probably take the Mohawk down first" AJ laughed a little as she sat down on his bed.

"Right" Hawk laughed, "I'll be back"

AJ nodded as she watched him leave his room. Once he left she picked up the framed picture next to his bed. She noticed that there was a tiny crack on the side of the glass. AJ figured that when the breakup happened he had thrown the frame. AJ smiled as she looked at the photo remembering the day.

It was the day of their first date. After they had watched two of the Harry Potter movies they went upstairs. The two of them spent the rest of the time in his room just talking and being with each other. AJ could distinctly remember the conversation they were having when he managed to take the photo.

"Would you ever get a tattoo?" He had asked her.

AJ had to think about her answer for a moment, "Yeah, I would"

"And what it would be?" Hawk smiled at her interested in what she had to say.

AJ was brought back out of her memory as a voice said with her in the present, "A dragon"

AJ looked over at the boy in the doorway, "You remember"

"Of course I remember Aubrey" Hawk said as he sat down next to her.

AJ smiled a little as she set the photo down to look at him, "This is a one time thing. After this we're done"

Hawk nodded "I know"

He took a moment to decide what to do before giving her a gentle kiss on the forehead. AJ felt her face flush as she looked down. Hawk grinned a little as he laid down next to her. AJ timidly laid down.

Hawk wrapped an arm around her waist while she rested her head on his chest.

Both of them fell asleep almost instantly in each other's arms.

The next morning AJ woke up first. She looked down at the boy still asleep next to her. AJ smiled a little before she kissed his forehead for the last time.

"I love you Eli" AJ whispered before slowly getting out of the bed.

She walked over to his window and opened it. AJ climbed out onto his roof and shut the window. She made her way back to her house and broke down the instant she got up onto her balcony.

Unknown to her, Hawk was awake the entire time.

"I love you Aubrey"

———————————————————————
So um surprise!!! I really wasn't planning on making this chapter but inspiration struck randomly and I had to write it down.

Anyways, this is obviously an alternate ending to chapter 24! I had a really fun time writing this short little blurb and I hope you guys enjoyed it as well. The picture that I added above is the one of them.

I also have a secret surprise series that I will keep hidden until a specific date. But I will give a hint: it involves the other half of a pair.

Thank you so much for all of the reads, votes and comments! I'll see you guys again hopefully soon but until then!!

                            -xoxo m <3