Chapter 13

The minute AJ got home from work she immediately called her aunt.

"Hey kiddo what's up?" Ali asked as she answered the phone.

AJ opened her mouth to tell her everything that's been going on but instead just said "Ummmm"

"Who do you like?" Ali laughed a bit.

"What makes you think I have a crush on someone?" AJ sat down on her bed.

AJ could practically hear her aunts eyes roll.

"You said the same thing before you came out to me and when you told me you had a crush on you know who. So who is it?"

AJ stared up at the ceiling before answering, "Its Hawk." She mumbled.

"I knew it!" Ali yelled into the phone causing AJ to jump.

AJ sighed a bit "Yeah just get all of your questions out now."

"Does he know? Does he have one on you? Did you two kiss?" Ali rambled on.

"No, don't know, and ew" AJ listed her answers.

Ali laughed a bit "So it's a no."

"Well it's a half no" AJ told her as she thought about it "I kissed his scar that's very close to his lips so I mean."

"AJ!" Ali exclaimed laughing.

"What? We were opening up to each other and the next thing I knew my lips were on his scar!"

Ali chuckled a bit "Maybe he thinks you just don't know how to kiss since it's kind of like you missed his lips."

"You are not helping!" AJ basically screamed at her only causing Ali to laugh more.

"Just relax and breath" Ali told her panicking niece "I say tell him how you feel soon before you miss your chance. You deserve to be happy after everything that happened."

"Thanks" AJ said softly with a smile as she listened to her aunt before sighing a bit "I have to go get ready for the family dinner."

"Why don't you make your move tonight?" Ali asked her "You know strike first."

AJ picked at her nails as she thought about it "Yeah maybe."

"No maybes do it!" Ali told her laughing softly.

"Okay, okay" AJ giggled a bit "I have to go now, love you aunt Ali."

"Love you too kiddo" Ali told her before hanging up.

AJ tossed her phone down on her bed and ran her hand through her hair before standing. She got changed out of her work uniform and into a blue long sleeve turtleneck with a white and blue plaid skirt.

Once she got changed she began to pace back and forth in front of her mirror rehearsing different speeches. All of them having to do with admitting feelings to her best friend.

Soon she got called to leave to go over to their house. AJ looked at herself once more.

She pointed at the mirror and said "Don't fuck this up"

With that she turned and walked out of her room downstairs. AJ walked into the kitchen where her parents were. Once they were all together they walked over across the street.

As they stood in the entry way of the  Moskowitz's house AJ refused to look at anything other than her rings, that is until Hawk walked in.

She looked up at him and frowned a bit noticing that the boys eyes were a bit red.