Chapter 19

"How do I look?" AJ stepped in front of her phone.

"You kind of look like Moon" Miguel answered with a nod.

AJ's mouth dropped open as she crossed her arms "I am about to go sit through a dinner with my boyfriend who is probably very angry with me and you tell me I look like his ex?!"

"Do you have time to change?" Miguel asked just as her dad called her name.

AJ looked to the door then back at Miguel, "No I do not!"

"Oops" Miguel shrugged a bit and gave her a small smile.

"This is the last time I go to you for relationship advice." AJ told him as she began to fix her hair.

"Why did you go to me this time?" Miguel questioned.

"Because Yasmine is at work and the only other person I would go to for advice hates me." AJ sighed.

Miguel frowned a little looking at her "It will be okay AJ I promise"

AJ bit her lip looking down at the letter Hawk left her, "I hope so"

"Just take a deep breath and if it gets really bad call me and rant" Miguel said.

"Thanks Diaz" AJ smiled at him.

Miguel laughed "You're welcome A-Mills, now go try and have fun!"

The two of them laughed as they both hung up the call. AJ grabbed the letter folding it up before pocketing it. She got her shoes on and walked downstairs.

"You look nice" Jennifer smiled at her daughter "You haven't worn a dress in forever."

"I thought it was time to switch things up" AJ shrugged.

Jennifer nodded as she smoothed some of AJ's curls out.

"Not straightening my hair!" AJ called as she followed her dad out of their house.

The family walked over to the house opposite from theres for what was bound to be a hot mess.

Sarah opened the door with a smile and let them in. AJ awkwardly stepped into the house playing with her rings.

Hawk walked into the room looking at AJ angrily. AJ shifted her stance avoiding eye contact with him. The parents left the room leaving the two alone.

"So how was Cobra-" AJ began to say.

"Save it" Hawk cut her off "Why didn't you tell me?"

AJ sighed "I was going to tell you last night when I asked what you thought about it. But then you made it very clear it was a terrible idea so I didn't want to upset you."

"So you let me find out by me seeing you with them?" Hawk asked her angrily.

"I didn't know you were going to be there!" AJ exclaimed "But I did change to planning on telling you tonight after I knew if I liked it or not!"

"Sure you were" Hawk laughed shaking his head before walking to the other room.

AJ sighed grabbing the letter from her pocket. She read it over once her eyes lingering on the last three words. AJ shook her head putting it back in her pocket following the boy into the other room.

Unfortunately they got stuck sitting in front of each other like always. They were silent occasionally taking turns glaring at each other.

"AJ, how's Cobra Kai going?" Sarah asked causing AJ to smirk a bit.

"Well actually I quit Cobra Kai today" AJ said "I joined the old sensei's new dojo and it is way better than Cobra Kai already"

Hawk stared at her as he held his fork tighter.