Chapter 10

*This chapter contains mentions of homophobia. If this topic triggers you please skip the section that deals with it. I will leave a tw at the start and end of the section. I will also add a brief summary of what happened during the section if you skip it.*

AJ was seated with Hawk out on his porch talking about yesterday's events.

"So what did you end up telling her?" He asked her about Moon and why she didn't go to the car wash.

"I just told her that my cousin got into an accident and that we had to rush to the hospital." AJ shrugged.

That wasn't a complete lie, her cousin did get into an accident except it involved him running into a squirrel while he was riding his bike.

Hawk nodded for a moment as he looked up at the trees almost angrily.

"Do you know how the surgery went yet?" AJ asked him gently.

Hawk looked back at her the hard expression on his face disappearing "Not yet."

She nodded and grabbed his wrist gently drawing a figure eight on his wrist, "Miguel's strong" she told him "he will be okay"

He looked down at her hand that was almost holding his. Hawk looked back up at her with a small smile.

"Yeah he will" he agreed with her before turning to look at the yard nervously.

"Okay something is obviously bothering you so what's going on Eli?" AJ asked him after a moment.

Hawk didn't look back at her as he messed with one of his sleeves before answering "Close your eyes"

"Ummm okay" AJ laughed a bit as she closed her eyes.

Hawk looked at her for a moment before grabbing the two tiny boxes that he had in his sweatshirt pocket. He grabbed one of her hands and turned it over placing one of the boxes on it.

"Was that the signal for me to open my eyes?" AJ asked with a small smirk.

"Yeah" Hawk laughed a bit.

AJ opened her eyes and looked down at the box with a confused look before slowly opening it.

"Holy shit Mohawk!" AJ exclaimed as she gently took the silver snake ring out of the box.

Hawk began to get nervous feeling himself slowly start to slip back into his old self.

He began to speak up nervously, "I got one for myself because you know we're both in Cobra Kai and we always fist bump a lot. So I thought that we could both wear the rings on the hands that we fist bump with so the snakes would connect." He looked at her for a moment and then away quickly.

"Eli, I love it" AJ whispered softly to him as she put the ring on her middle finger.

"Okay cool" Hawk nodded as he put his on.

AJ smiled and held her hand with the ring out to him in a fist. Hawk smirked as he gave her a fist bump in return.

They stayed out there for a while talking about Disney since AJ kept bringing up Tangled and Rapunzel. Eventually they got called back in once the parents finished up making dinner.

Both family's sat in the same spots that they did at the first dinner. Everything was going really well until the past was brought up.

"I remember the one time she came home and had a nose ring in." Jennifer said with a small smile.

"You have a nose ring?" Hawk asked the girl in front on him.

"I had a nose ring" AJ told him "The minute I got home I got told to take it out."