Chapter 6

Tonight was the night of the family dinner that both AJ and Hawks mom's had planned.

AJ was sitting on her bed dressed in a long sleeve black shirt under a blue and gray patterned sweater vest. She had a black jean skirt on as well.

Currently she was messing around on her electric guitar strumming random songs that she knew. She didn't know why she was so nervous, it was just dinner, wasn't it?

"Aubrey time to go!" Her dad called from downstairs.

AJ set her electric guitar to the side as she stood up grabbing her combat boots from a shelf, putting them on. She looked in the mirror quickly as she pulled her hair out of the ponytail she had in running her hands through her hair.

"Aubrey!" Her dad called again.

"I'm coming!" AJ yelled back as she grabbed her phone rushing out of her room Jackson close behind her.

"Finally." Emmet laughed as he looked over at his daughter from the couch.

"Is mom even ready yet?" AJ asked as she sat down on the couch next to him.

"No and do not rush her." He said as he pet Jackson's head.

AJ nodded as she played with one of her rings.

"So how's karate so far?" He asked.

Her father was never really interested in karate so for this question to even be asked was a milestone. AJ knew what he wanted to hear. He wanted to hear how much fun she was having and how there were no assholes who would make her life a living hell.

AJ thought back to the lesson with mouse and held back a sigh not wanting to worry her father, "So far so good. I think the sensei really likes me which is also good."

Emmet nodded "He should, you're the best."

"I wouldn't say I'm the best," AJ laughed "Hawk is also really good."

Emmet looked at her an eyebrow raised "But you can still beat him right?"

"Don't know," AJ shrugged "We haven't fought yet."

If she was being honest with herself she was a little scared to. AJ already knew the kind of fighter he was. Ruthless. And pair that with another ruthless fighter and you had a recipe for disaster.

"Well when you do make sure you destroy him," Emmet told her seriously.

"Okay," AJ laughed as she leaned her head back on the couch.

"What are you two waiting for let's go?" Jennifer asked as she stood in front of the couch.

AJ and Emmet exchanged a look before looking up at her.

"Let's go!" Jennifer repeated as she walked away to get her purse.

"Yes ma'm," Emmet muttered as he stood up.

AJ giggled softly as she stood up running a hand through her hair as she did so. She followed her parents out of their garage as they made their way to the Moskowitz's house.

Once they got there Sarah opened the door with a smile letting them in.

"Welcome!" She greeted them as they fully walked in.

AJ was looking around with a small smile on her face as they all took their shoes off. She tried to fight off the nervous feeling that was slowly arising within her. Being nervous was not apart of her act.

"Eli! Chris! They're here!" Sarah called over her shoulder.

As Hawk walked into the room joined by an older man he had a very angry on his face.