Chapter 18

After school the next day AJ was sitting in front of Miguel's house waiting for him to get ready. She had offered to drive him to Johnny's dojo when they were at school.

"Hey A-Mills" Miguel smiled as he got into her car.

"Hey Diaz" AJ grinned at him "You ready?"

"I am" Miguel nodded as he got his seatbelt on, "are you?"

AJ took a breath "Yeah, I am. Just hoping that the Cobra Kai members don't find out I'm going."

"You still haven't told them?" Miguel looked at her with wide eyes.

"Not necessarily" AJ mumbled as she began to drive.

"AJ!" Miguel exclaimed "They are going to find out soon enough. You have to tell them, especially Hawk!"

"Again this is just a trial run, I don't even know if I will stay." AJ shrugged a bit "And besides it's not like they will just randomly show up!"

"Unless they also want to join" Miguel said.

"Which is unlikely" AJ sighed as she glanced at him.

"I thought it was unlikely that you would quit Cobra Kai but here we are" Miguel mumbled.

AJ rolled her eyes at him "Watch it Champ, I can easily take you down"

Miguel laughed shaking his head at her. The two talked for the rest of the drive about different interests that they had.

AJ pulled up to the address that Johnny had told them. Her and Miguel exchanged looks as they got out of the car.

"The dojo's a park" AJ stated "We're going to be like those middle aged women who do yoga in public"

"Just give it a try" Miguel told her "it might not be that bad"

"I highly doubt that" AJ nodded as the two of them walked over to where Johnny were as standing.

"Hey Sensei" Miguel greeted with a wave.

Johnny looked over at them and nodded. He looked at AJ who was looking around at the park with a small frown.

"So A-Mills what's your story?" Johnny asked "Why did you move here?"

"School fight that involved me beating up assholes who made my life miserable" AJ shrugged saying it like it was nothing.

Miguel and Johnny exchanged glances at the girl's response.

"So how's your aunt doing?" Johnny spoke up awkwardly.

"Sensei" Miguel mumbled looking between the two of them.

"She's been good" AJ laughed a bit "She's supposed to be coming up here for Christmas."

Johnny nodded thinking about her words. Miguel and AJ stifled their laughs as they started to stretch.

Pretty soon more people began to show up. AJ stared to the side awkwardly when she saw Bert and Mitch.

"AJ?" Mitch stared at her confused.

"What are you doing here?" Bert asked her.

AJ played with the snake ring she still had on "What do you think? I'm here to join the park dojo."

Miguel glanced at her "So it's official?"

"Don't push it champ" AJ held her finger up to Miguel as they moved to stand next to each other in front of Johnny.

Johnny began to pace back and forth in front of them "This is day one. We've been here before. But things are different now. They tried to tear us down. It didn't work! They said we needed a roof and four walls. Screw that!" He waved his hand, "This park will be our new dojo"