Chapter 24

"Let's fall in love for the night?" Robby questioned.

AJ let out a breath watching the smoke, "Yeah, why not? It could be fun."

"Okay" He laughed "I'll be there in five minutes"

"See you then skater boy" AJ smirked as she hung up the call.

She pressed the cigarette in her hand into a volleyball net pole and stood up. AJ made sure to keep the hand with the cigarette behind her back so the others didn't see it.

"Hey, I think I'm going to go home" AJ told the other three "And before you say you want to leave and go home with me, don't. I have a friend coming that can walk me home"

"Are you sure?" Yasmine asked her softly as she glanced over to where Hawk and Sawyer were.

"I'm sure" AJ smiled at them before being pulled into a hug by Moon.

AJ laughed as she hugged the girl quickly before pulling away to look over at Demetri who moved closer to her.

"If you hug me I swear I will break your arm" She warned him holding her hand up.

Demetri took a tiny step back "Understood"

AJ smiled at them before walking away from the large crowd. She made her way away from the beach and tossed the cigarette away.

Hawk watched her leave with an angry expression on his face. He had overheard her conversation and wanted to know who the friend was.

"Okay you need to loosen up" Sawyer rolled her eyes at him and dragged him over to all the drinks.

"I'm fine" Hawk told her as she handed him a cup.

Sawyer raised an eyebrow "You look like a sad puppy half of the time you're near her, I don't think you're fine"

Hawk stared at her for a moment before drinking what was in the cup.

"Was that so hard?" Sawyer asked him cockily.

He rolled his eyes and led her back to the large crowd.

AJ was seated on top of a picnic table waiting for Robby. To pass the time she was fixing one of her rings. Multiple thoughts were going through her head as she sat there. The fight with Hawk was still on her mind and everything that was said but also Robby was on her mind. How would Miguel react to her being friends with him. She didn't want to lose another person.

"I think you're supposed to sit on the bench and not on the table" A voice said next to her.

AJ looked to the side and smiled when she saw Robby standing next to her, "Hey skater boy"

"Hi AJ" He smiled and helped her down off the table.

"So why do you need to be with someone who knows nothing about your past?" AJ asked him as they began to walk to the small ice cream shop that was nearby.

Robby sighed thinking about where he previously was "I saw my girlfriend almost kissing her ex that she cheated on me with"

AJ winced a bit "Brutal" she told him.

Robby shrugged "Why were you at the beach?"

"Trying to have fun and then I kissed my ex boyfriends ex right in front of him" AJ looked over at Robby.

Robby shook his head "Brutal" he repeated her previous words.

"Hey, he kissed someone right in front of me what was I supposed to do? Punch him in the face?"

"That could have worked" Robby told her.

AJ thought about it "No it wouldn't have hurt him as badly as I wanted it to."