Chapter 16

*there will be a brief description of a panic attack during this chapter. I have left a tw at the start and one signaling the end of the tw*

AJ immediately walked away from the mat once Kreese called that class was over. A few of the members from Cobra Kai went to go help Brucks up off of the floor.

Hawk watched her walk away with a raised eyebrow. He followed behind her.

"Aubrey! Hey, are you okay?" He asked her quickly as he stood a little behind her.

AJ turned around and nodded "Yeah I'm all good Eli—I mean Mohawk" she forgot for a moment that she only called him Eli in private.

"You know you can call me Eli when we're around people right?" Hawk laughed a bit watching her.

"Right, yeah, sorry" AJ muttered back with a nod before looking at his hands feeling a bit sick "Can you please go wash your hands before we go home?"

Hawk looked down at his hands and felt a bit queasy himself when he saw all of the blood on his hands.

"Of course" Hawk told her before walking away to the bathroom.

Tory walked up to her once Hawk had left.

She gently placed a hand on the girl's shoulder "Are you okay Mills?" She whispered softly.

"I'm fine Nichols" AJ gave her a small smile "The fight just shocked me a bit."

"You and me both" Tory muttered as she gave the girl a quick hug, pulling away before anyone saw.

"Do you have work?" AJ asked changing the subject.

Tory nodded "I do" she rolled her eyes looking at the clock "In about an hour so I really should go."

"Have fun" AJ laughed shakily still a bit uneasy from what she had saw.

"I always do" Tory smiled at her as the two did their handshake.

Tory grabbed her stuff and left the dojo. AJ watched the girl leave as she put her rings back on.

"Are you ready to go?" Hawk asked her when he returned.

AJ nodded "In a minute" she told him as she felt her chest tighten "I just want to change first"

She grabbed her stuff and moved past him trying to hide the fact that she basically couldn't breathe. AJ opened the bathroom door and slammed it shut leaning against the door as she felt her chest tighten even more.

AJ took her hair out of the ponytail it was in and she ran her hands through her hair. She threw the top part of the uniform off in the direction of her bag not caring if it fell to the floor. AJ stared at the uniform top breathing heavily.

It was strange, the place where she felt the most comfortable and happy was now turning into a nightmare. She couldn't shake the image of Brucks lying there on the ground. AJ couldn't figure out why it scared her so much. She's been in a fight before but then again she never stuck around long enough to see the damage that she had left behind. AJ stood in the bathroom staring at the uniform for a few more minutes before getting changed.

She was wearing dark blue ripped jeans and Hawks Cobra Kai hoodie that she had taken. AJ bit her lip staring at the snake before shaking her head telling herself that she had probably done worse in the school fight and shouldn't think much more about it.

She grabbed her stuff and walked back out to the main area of the dojo. Kreese was no where to be found while a few of the remaining members were talking in the corner.