Chapter 8

"Oh fuck no!" AJ yelled as she looked away from the tv screen.

The boy next to her was no help as he just laughed at her reaction.

"This isn't a comedy!" She yelled at him with a glare.

"I told you horror comedy!" Hawk laughed as he turned back to the tv "It's really not that bad."

"Not that bad?!" AJ gaped at him. "The kids arm is broken and a creepy clown just went into a well how the hell is that not that bad?!"

"Okay I guess it's not that bad for everyone but you," Hawk told her as he leaned back in the couch putting his arm over the back, "But if you need me to I can hold and protect you" he teased.

AJ sarcastically laughed as she leaned against his arm that was resting on the back of the couch. After the night where they basically almost kissed, AJ couldn't help but read into everything that he was doing, for example, his arm around her. 

Hawk chuckled a bit as he moved a little closer to her bringing his arm off the couch and onto her shoulder. He began to absentmindedly play with her hair while he watched the movie.

AJ felt her face grow warm as she tried to pay attention to the movie that they were watching. It was hard considering it was a horror movie and the fact that he was playing with her hair.

"Hey what time are we going to go see Miguel?" She asked after a few minutes turning to look at him.

"Around 4 o'clock." Hawk answered as he looked away from the movie to her.

AJ nodded as she looked back up at the tv. She was excited that she finally got to meet Miguel after hearing all about him.

"By the way I'm driving," She smirked not looking away from the tv due to the fact she knew she would blush or say something weird.

"Didn't know you could drive," Hawk said "Considering I always drive you places."

"Yes believe it or not I have my driver's license." AJ turned to face him propping her head up with her hand, her elbow resting against the couch.

"Just don't crash." Hawk told her as he faced her.

"Trust me I'm a wayyyyyy better driver than you are Eli." AJ whispered as she leaned closer to him challenging him a bit.

Hawk grinned as he leaned closer to her "Whatever you say Aubrey."

The two of them stared at each other not knowing if they should lean in closer. Their thoughts didn't last long when Sarah came bursting into the kitchen.

Hawk and AJ jumped away from each other and both faced the tv, both of their faces turning red. AJ had her hand over her mouth to half hide her face from embarrassment.

Sarah didn't say anything to them as she just walked around the kitchen cleaning up. She had a small smirk on her face as she occasionally look at the two teenagers with red faces.

Hawk put his arm back over the back of the couch behind her. AJ felt his arm behind her again and smiled slightly as she began to play with one of her rings to avoid watching the movie.

Sarah eventually left the kitchen towards the end of the movie. Hawk glanced down at AJ who was half watching, half playing with her rings.

He tapped on her shoulder gently to get her to look at him. Hawk motioned for her to look up at the screen again.

"Oh  no!" AJ shook her head as she turned back to the movie seeing the scene in front of her.

Hawk began to laugh at the girls horrified expression on her face.