61

~back to normal time~

Todoroki's p.o.v.

'Stupid old man. I'm an adult now so I don't need your permission.'

I got my bags and got out of the train. I walked out of the station and looked for a place to stay. I decided to stop at a convenience store to look for a map or ask for directions. I was outside when I saw Bakugou walking down the road. I went inside the store and hid the best I could while still seeing him. He walked into a neighborhood and I couldn't see him after that.

'The hell? I know for sure he isn't staying there. What the hell is there?'

I stayed where I was and waited till Bakugou left. The store owner just looked at me weirdly but I ignored it.

"Hey are you going to buy anything or?" The owner asked me.

"What's in that neighborhood?"

"Houses." The store owner said simply and a bit confused.

"Do you know any places an out of town person can stay at?"

"There's a motel a few blocks from here. Oh and there's the Katsuki's hot springs." He said. I nodded and saw Bakugou leave. I walked away from the window and looked for a hat to buy.

After I found one I payed for it and left. I put the hat on and made my way into the neighborhood Bakugou was at. The neighborhood looked normal until I arrived at an abandoned house. It looked as if a fire took place but only half of it was burnt. The rest if the house had mold and vines all over it. It looked as if it would fall any day now. I looked for a name tag and barley saw it. It was covered with vines and it was rusty. I moved the vines and leaves away.

'(L/N)'

"So this was (Y/N)'s home. What happened?" I said to myself. I looked up to the house and started walking in.

"Boy you better watch your step in there." A voice said. I turned around and saw an old lady standing next to the front gate.

"Hello ma'am, how are you?"

"Well that's an interesting thing to say after you were caught entering private property." The old lady said. "The names (r/n) random name. What's yours?"

"Shoto Todoroki."

"You're a pretty one. So what brings you here? Heard the story of this place and wanted to see for yourself?"

"What story?"

"So you didn't hear anything and just happen to be here?"

"Well I saw someone I knew come this way so I decided to check it out. Turns out this is the place a friend of mine used to live."

"You know the sweet little girl that lived here? How did you meet. I can tell you ain't from around."

"No ma'am I'm not. We meet at UA Dance Academy. We were skating partners for a while."

"So she went after all. You better treat her right. She's a lovely girl who had the worst life ever. I'm surprised she's still going. Dreaming big was always her thing so I know she went far."

"What do you mean? Could you tell me about her life?"

"Huh? You went to school with her and you don't know?"

"She never spoke about her family."

"Poor girl, don't blame her though. After all who would want to talk about it."

"Do you think you could tell me? I want to know especially the story about this place. I didn't think her house was half burnt."

"Well boy let me tell you something before I spill. She's a lovely girl who shouldn't be treated bad. Hell if I were young I would beat anyone who spoke ill of her. Sit down in the grass if you aren't scared of the dirt because this is quite a long story." She said. I nodded and sat down. She started explaining everything to me. What happened to (Y/N)'s mother. What her father did and the bomb. She told me how (Y/N) didn't leave the house for about two months. I didn't think her life was this bad, now I feel even worse. After all she went through she left to UA for a fresh start and it ended horrible all thanks to me. After Mrs. (r/n) was done I stood up.

"Go on and explore if you'll like. I doubt that building will fall anytime soon. Its been like that for the past few years."

"Alright, thank you."

"One more thing. Please protect her, she's been through so much. I can't do anything because of my old age. Help her achieve her dream. Make things right, I know you have a good heart."

"I will, thank you." I said and bowed. She left and I turned back to the house.

I reached the front porch and went in. The floor creaked with each step I took. It was dusty and had spider webs everywhere. Along with leaves, vines and mold. I got to what I assume was the living room. There were picture frames but they were in bad shape. I could barely see them. I took the pictures out and saw that they were in an almost perfect condition. There was a photo with two adults and a little girl. It was taken after a figure skating competition since the little girl was in a uniform. She had a gold medal around her neck and was smiling brightly. There were other pictures of the family and the girl. School pictures were also included. There was also a picture of four children. Two boys with black hair, a girl with red-brownish hair, and finally a girl with (h/c) hair. They were all smiling and the background looked like an ice rink. I kept exploring and went passed a big hole. I guess this is where the bomb exploded. Right on top was a hole in the roof and I could see what seemed to be a bedroom. I bowed and put my hands together to pay my respects since the old lady told me this is where the shrine once was. After I was done I kept walking and went to what I assume was a library. The books were fading from the sun, some had mold, and others looked like they were dipped into water and put out to dry. I picked up an old photo album and saw more pictures. I was putting the album back when I noticed a mysterious looking binder. I took it out and looked through it. I decided to take it with me and then kept looking around. I saw medals and trophies in this room. One stood out to me the most so I picked it up. I put it in my pocket and kept exploring. I decided to go upstairs and looked around a bit. I went into a room and saw it had a bunch of beer bottles on the floor. I went to another room and this time there was a hole in the middle. There were some ramen cups, some were burnt, but what stood out to me was an old rusty electronic water boiler. The room also had pictures but they were in worst shape as the sun ruined them. I couldn't go in since there was a hole so I went back downstairs. I looked for the kitchen only to find that half of it was gone. All that was left was the fridge. I went back to the living room and picked up three photos and made my way out. I had left my bags there so I got them and headed back to the train station.

'Just you wait (Y/N). Next time we meet I'll be winning gold and you and I will be talking. I promise that I'll make things right this time.'